Job Purpose Statement: Performs complex managerial functions within the Distribution Center. Plans, controls and directs assigned operations in a cost efficient, timely and accurate manner. Works under direction with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment to attain specific goals and objectives.
- Schedule and assign employees in the direct performance of assigned tasks in one or more of the following areas: Audit, Shelf Order Fill, Rack Pack, Rack Order Fill, Shipping
- Review staff requirements, evaluate operations, make recommendations and take appropriate action.
- Prepare or supervise the preparation of production records and reports as required.
- Compare individual employee attendance and productivity to standards and take remedial action as required.
- Interview, assist, train and evaluate employees.
- Maintain appropriate inventory of supplies.
- Maintain safe operating practices.
- The ability to work with others in a team environment, the ability to take direction, the ability to follow work rules and procedures, and the ability to accept constructive criticism.
- Must be able to lead and manage others effectively.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Broad knowledge of distribution operations.
- Graduation from high school or equivalent.
- Education and experience may be substituted for one another.
- Functional reading, writing and math.
- PC literacy.
- Written and verbal communication/instruction skills
Occasionally: activity exists up to 1/3 of the time (8 hour shift = less than 3 hours total time);
Frequently: activity exists from 1/3 of the time up to 2/3 of the time (8 hour shift = 3-5 hours total time);
Constantly: activity exists 2/3 or more of the time (8 hour shift = 5-8 hours total time).
|Title||Operations Supervisor - Outbound|
|Department||DC Operations - Outbound|
|Reports To||Operations Manager|
|Supervises||Audit, Shelf Order Fill, Rack Pack, Rack Order Fill, Shipping|