Buick Riviera Parts and Buick Riviera Accessories
David Dunbar Buick, a Detroit plumbing executive and inventor who began building and selling gasoline engines late in the 19th century and his engineer Walter L. Marr, produced the first experimental Buick automobile between the year 1899 and 1900. Also in that year, Buick formed the Buick Auto-Vim and Power Co. in the Boydell Building, which still proudly stands at Beaubien and Lafayette. However his first corporation was Buick Motor Co., a Detroit firm he incorporated on May 19, 1903.
In 1908, shortly after its opening, Buick became number 1 producer of automobiles, surpassing the combined production of Ford and Cadillac. Having this momentum, Buick continuously make records by selling thousands of units over the next few years, especially after the war when Dynaflow, the first torque converter automatic transmission was introduced on the 1948 Roadmaster, a high-compression V-8 was introduced in 1953.
Continuing the success of Buick, the company entered several models that made marks in their own period. One of them is the Buick Riviera in 1963 (first seen in 1949 not as a model but as an optional body style). Its entry in the muscle car era, though it is not a muscle car per se, had its tremendous impact in on the American automotive scene. Its style was that of a European with a cutting edge performance with that of a large automobile.
In 1994, the Riviera was retired from the Buick production line. But when it returned in 1995 with a brand new style, regain power and notable luxury, its sales finally recovered. The Buick Riviera continues to impress drivers as well as experts up to today.