Ways to Clean Your Chrysler TC Maserati Car Cover
The Chrysler TC Maserati car cover is great for protecting your car while it s not in use, but consider it useless if you let dirt build up on or within its material. The grime can ruin its water-resistance properties and damage the material itself. If not cleaned, a dirty car cover can cause your vehicle's windshield and paint to get dirty despite being covered. To maintain the car cover's function, you have to clean it on a regular basis. To help you get started, here are some tips.
What to do:
- For a deeper clean, use either a large commercial washer or a normal-sized washer (if the cover fits) that does not have a center agitator. Pour in one-fourth cup of all-purpose cleaner or a delicate detergent and operate the washer. Also, set the cycle to "delicate" option to prevent the material from ripping or tearing.
- To make sure that the entire cleaner has been removed from the car cover, rinse it twice.
- Air-dry the car cover for at least six hours instead of putting it in the dryer.
- If you only want to give it a regular cleaning or if you do not have a washer without a center agitator, you can just hose the cover down while it is on your car.
- Dilute a mild liquid detergent in cold water and cleanse the car cover with a soft sponge.
- If the car cover is not lined with a soft fleece fabric, you can clean the inside by installing the cover inside-out and hosing it down.
What NOT to do:
- Do not clean the car cover in a washer that has a center agitator, unless the one you have is made of fabric.
- Do not use fabric softener on the car cover.
- Do not put a non-woven or specialty-type car cover in the dryer.
Tips and warnings:
- While nearly every type of car cover can be washed, you must still be careful as some types are made of multiple layers held together by an adhesive. If not cleaned properly, the materials may get damaged.