BMW 7 Series (E38) Service Manual: 1995-2001
Hardcover, 8 3/8 in. x 11 in.
1050 photos, illustrations and diagrams
The BMW 7 Series (E38) Service Manual: 1995-2001 is a comprehensive source of service information and technical specifications available for the BMW 7 Series models from 1995 to 2001. Whether you're a professional or a do-it-yourself BMW owner, this manual will help you understand, care for and repair your car.
New durable hardcover format - This BMW manual is now being published as a durable, long-lasting hardcover book designed to withstand many years of use in a professional shop or home garage.
Though the do-it-yourself 7 Series owner will find this manual indispensable as a source of detailed maintenance and repair information, the owner who has no intention of working on his or her car will find that reading and owning this manual will make it possible to discuss repairs more intelligently with a professional technician. Models, engines and transmissions covered:
V8 models and engines
- 740i, 740iL: M60 4.0 liter, M62 or M62 TU 4.4 liter
V12 models and engines:
Engine management systems (Motronic):
- 750iL: M73 or M73 TU 5.6 liter
- Bosch M3.3 (OBD I)
- Bosch M5.2 (OBD II)
- Bosch M5.2.1 (OBD II)
- Bosch M5.2.1 (OBD II / LEV)
- Bosch ME 7.2 (OBD II)
(remove, install, external service): Technical highlights:
- Maintenance procedures from replacing the fresh air and recirculation microfilters to changing the ATF. This manual tells you what to do and how and when to do it.
- Step-by-step engine timing chain service.
- Cylinder head cover and crankshaft seal replacement.
- Cooling system filling and bleeding, coolant pump replacement and engine cooling fan and radiator service.
- Fuel injection and ignition system diagrams and explanations, including five different Bosch Motronic engine management systems.
- Suspension repair procedures, including stabilizer bar link, control arm and axle boot replacement.
- Brakes, steering and ABS maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair.
- Heating and air-conditioning repair, including A/C component replacement.
- Body, hood and sunroof repairs and adjustments.
- Electrical system service, with an easy-to-use illustrated component locator section.
- Wiring schematics for selected models, including power distribution and grounds.
- BMW OBD II diagnostic trouble codes, SAE-defined OBD II P-codes, as well as basic scan tool operation.
- Comprehensive BMW factory tolerances, wear limits, adjustments and tightening torques.
Prior to February 2010, this book was published in a softcover edition (ISBN 978-0-8376-1531-8)Warranty Information:
All sales are final on paper repair manuals.