Ford F-550 Parts and Ford F-550 Accessories
Six Little-Known Things about the Ford F-550
- Ontario's Terradyne Armored Vehicle's Inc. Gurkha utilized the chassis from Ford F-550. The armored military and police vehicle was a bulletproof equipment being used in different countries around the world. It was known to work well with a maximum power of 350 hp at 300 rpm.
- In the American TV series Breaking Bad, Walter White and Jesse Pinkman used a Ford F-550 as a truck for their fumigation company, Vamonos Pest Control. Little did everyone else knew that the company was just a front to cover their organization manufacturing crystal meth. The story of the series revolved around a high school Chemist teacher (White) and his former student (Pinkman) as they explore the Albuquerque black market of crystal meth.
- 2006 comedy film Bachelor Party Vegas gave a lot of exposure to a Ford F-550. The vehicle was used as a party bus for the five guy friends who are celebrating a bachelor party in the Sin City. The movie is about a group's bachelor party in Vegas gone awry when their party planner had them involved in a bank robbery, causing a lot of police chases. Prize-fighter Chuck Liddell was also involved along the way.
- The United States Secret Service used a Ford F550 as one of its support trucks. It was a black truck with an eight-foot-long box. It was known to be seen behind The President's limousine in a number of occasions. The United States Secret Service was responsible for ensuring the security of past and present leaders including their families.
- In April 2012, a Ford F-550 concept vehicle from NewScope Marketing became a real-life rescue truck in Arlington, Texas. The concept truck was fresh from the Chicago Auto Show two months before a series of tornados hit Dallas, cutting power lines and flinging large debris across the streets. The Granbury Volunteer Fire Department figured it would be a good idea to deploy the vehicle. So from the stock show in Houston, it was driven into the chaotic city of Arlington.
- In August 2012, Conquest, one of the top manufacturers of luxury armored vehicles, revealed the newest Evade SUV, which carries the ever-reliable Ford F-550 chassis. The luxury automaker partnered with Magus Cars Ltd, an Indian-based car dealer, with the plans of bringing the model as India's most expensive Evade model at 85 million Indian rupees.