Fun Facts about the GMC Yukon XL 2507
- Confused between the GMC Yukon XL 2057 and the Chevrolet Suburban XL? Don't be! They really are, essentially, the exact same truck! So shouldn't lawsuits be filed and blood be spilt? The reason they're exactly the same thing is because Chevrolet has long been a brand owned by GMC. They kept the Chevrolet marquee on some of the trucks to retain customers who were loyal to Chevrolet!
- Many Americans will gladly tell you that the name GMC Yukon XL 2057 evokes images of the rugged mountains of the Yukon in an extra-large size and in the future. What most people don't realize that the Yukon is actually a river in Canada. The word itself means Great River. This still evokes a very rugged, "outdoor-sy" feel to the truck, excepting that the GMC Yukon is unlikely to ford the river it was named after without it becoming a boat.
- Bucking the trend of coming up with arbitrary letters in the naming convention of cars, the "XL" in GMC Yukon XL 2507 is exactly what you would think it means-"extra large." Therefore, this Yukon is a bigger version than the original 2500. By bigger, we're not talking about anything too extreme. In fact, the bulk of "extra" goes into the lengthening of the cargo cab for more storage space.
- The original GMC Yukon 2500 was a designation for the weight class of the truck-in this case three-quarters of a ton. The GMC Yukon XL 2507 is still roughly the same weight despite being slightly bigger. That added "7" refers to the level of development that the truck has undergone-this being the seventh model. Whether or not it means that seven specific changes were made has been speculated but not proven.
- If you love your crime dramas, this is an easy one, the trucks driven around by our favorite crime scene investigators in the hit show CSI are none other than the GMC Yukon XL 2507. It also features in other hit serials like Unknown and One Tree Hill. It's also the truck used in the MTV of Britney Spears' Overprotected - Darkchild Remix. But they had us at "CSI".
- Unsurprisingly, the GMC Yukon XL 2507 is a better-seller than its non-XL variant. Proving once and for all that given the choice, people will perceive the "bigger" product as being better-and throw money at it.