May 18, 2023 - 02:49 PM
Wiring the starter will require a few steps. Here is a general guide to rewiring the starter on your vehicle:
1. Identify the wires connected to the starter. The main wires are the positive battery cable and the starter solenoid wire. Check the other connected wire, which is for the ignition switch and neutral safety switch.
2. Install and bolt the starter to the engine block. It should be aligned properly and grounded against the engine block.
3. Connect the battery-positive cable to the large terminal on the starter solenoid. That's where the positive current goes to the starter.
4. Install the starter solenoid wire to the smaller terminal of the solenoid. That wire comes from the ignition switch or starter relay. It sends a signal to the solenoid to engage the starter motor once the ignition key is turned on.
5. Reconnect other wires that were disconnected, such as for the neutral safety switch, ignition switch, or other accessories. You now have to consult a service repair manual for this or check online video-sharing websites for DIY fixes on how to install the starter wirings.
6. Run through all the connect wires again to double-check if you missed something.
7. Test the starter by turning the ignition key to the start position. If you hear a crank and the engine starts. Then you have done the steps correctly.
I hope this helps!