Ford F150 Pickup Parts and Ford F150 Pickup Accessories
Interesting Facts about the Ford F150
- The Ford F150 pickup is a part of Ford's full-size pickup truck series. The F-Series was Ford's bestselling and longest running nameplate which has been sold continuously for more than six decades. The Ford F150 was the most popular variant of the F-Series and was the best-selling vehicle in the United States for more than thirty years.
- For the year 2012, the Ford F-series, including the F150 pickup truck, sold 645,316 units making it the number one best-selling vehicle for the year. The 645,316 units sold for 2012 was smaller than the 900,000+ units sold in 2001, 2004 and 2005 but the Ford F150 was still able to keep the top spot.
- The Ford F150 was launched between F-100 and the F-250 in 1975. It was introduced in the sixth generation of the Ford F-series. Eventually, the Ford F150 pickup became the standard F-series model.
- Former President George W. Bush's 2009 Ford F150 pickup will be put up for sale at the Barrett-Jackson Auction in Scottsdale, Ariz in January 19, 2013 at approximately 9:30 p.m. The Ford F150 pickup truck was ordered new by the president himself from Jim Click Ford in Tucson, Ariz. The pickup's title is in the name of the former president and will be transferred to whoever gets to buy it. The right airbag panel of this Ford F150 pickup truck has a signature of Bush.
- The pickup to be put on sale also comes with a copy of the video showing the former president signing the truck and him driving it around his Crawford, Texas ranch. The proceeds from the truck's sale will be donated to the Fisher House Foundation. This foundation is a national program dedicated to assisting America's military families.
- The Ford F-150 Regular Cab can seat only three people, while the SuperCab and SuperCrew styles can comfortably seat six passengers. The F-150 SuperCrew featured full rear seats and front-hinged rear doors. It also boasts of its 5.5- foot pickup box that can be extended to seven feet that comes with an optional bed extender.