May 25, 2023 - 12:17 PM
May 26, 2023 - 04:25 AM
1. Wheel Balancing - Despite the fact that you mentioned having new tires, it's conceivable that the wheels are not properly balanced. Vibrations at certain speeds can be caused by improper wheel balancing. Make any required modifications to the balance of all four wheels.
2. Vibrations in the steering wheel might also be caused by incorrect wheel alignment. A mismatched front suspension can cause uneven tire wear and poor handling. A knowledgeable alignment specialist should inspect and correct the wheel alignment.
3. Tire Issues - You mentioned that you installed new tires, it's still worth considering if there are any defects or abnormalities in the tires. Check for bulges, deformities, or uneven wear patterns on all tires. Also, verify that the tires are inflated to the correct pressure according to the manufacturer's recommendations.
4. Inspect the front suspension components, including control arms, ball joints, tie rod ends, and bushings, for any signs of damage or wear. If any issues are found, have them repaired or replaced as necessary.
5. Worn or damaged wheel bearings can cause vibrations and instability, particularly after hitting bumps. If you suspect a wheel bearing issue, have a mechanic inspect and replace them if needed.
6. If the above checks don't resolve the problem, it's advisable to have a comprehensive inspection of the steering and suspension system. This may involve checking components such as the steering rack, steering linkage, shocks, and struts. A skilled mechanic should be able to identify any underlying issues.
It's important to have a professional technician examine your vehicle. They will have the necessary tools and expertise to pinpoint the exact cause of the vibrations and provide the appropriate repairs.
You may need some parts in the process, click this link to be directed to our website where your vehicle information has already been entered. Simply enter the part's name into the search field to get started.
We hope this helps. Have a nice day!
May 29, 2023 - 05:04 AM
May 29, 2023 - 06:37 AM
May 30, 2023 - 09:15 AM
One last thing that I didn't see anybody mention was to make sure that your ball joints have grease in then & that the boots on all 4 ball joints (2 upper & 2 lower) aren't cracked or or missing. They need the grease so that way there's no metal to metal. This may not be the root cause of the shaking but It's very important to keep these greased. Before you jack up the car go back to where you got the tires go back to where you got the tires have them double check that balancing and when they lift it have them shake the wheel North and South East and West! Or up and down. They too will be able to tell you whether or not there's a bigger issue.
Jun 02, 2023 - 06:10 PM
Jun 06, 2023 - 05:11 AM
Source: Personal experiences