Jaguar S Parts and Jaguar S Accessories
Interesting Tidbits About the Jaguar S
- The designer of the Jaguar S, Geoff Lawson, was one of the persons responsible for reviving the British car company from its fading reputation. Before his death in 1999, he supervised the styling of the all-aluminum body of the Jaguar vehicles, reshaped the XJ super car and luxury saloon models, and redesigned the mid-size, S-type saloon in 1998. For his remarkable contributions to the car company, the Geoff Lawson Studio was opened in 2000 and it currently produces Jaguar concept-car models.
- The Jaguar S was regarded as a status symbol soon after its first release in 1963. It has appeared in numerous television shows, music videos, and movies. Musical icon Sting drove in a Jaguar S for a video of his song "Desert Rose." Since then, the track has been used in a number of Jaguar commercials. Surprisingly, there was no Jaguar S used in any of the James Bond films since 1962. Only three Jaguar models were used for three films, The Jaguar XJ in Skyfall, XJ8 in Casino Royale, and XKR in Die Another Day.
- Offered by Maisto soon after the release of the vehicle, the Jaguar S miniature replica became a very popular seller among die-cast 1:18 models during its time. The replica featured opening doors and parts, workable steering wheels with suspension, and even an independent spring. The mini Jaguar S even showcased the leather interior with wood trims of the real luxury car.
- The Jaguar S-Type R, or STR, was Jaguar's response to the stiff competition from BMW's M5 and Mercedes-Benz's E55 AMG.
- The supercharged Jaguar STR has a 4.8-L V8 engine and could accelerate from 0 to 60 mph in just 5.3 seconds. Its design was also changed into a sportier look with a rear apron, side skirts, and an R badge on the front fenders.
- Do you want to know how fast can a Jaguar S reach 60 mph? The standard, Plus, and S Plus trims can reach 60 mph in 9.4 seconds. The R trim, which is the Jaguar S's top-of-the-line model, can reach 60 mph in only 5.3 seconds. It also has a top speed 155 mph.