As things worsen due to the coronavirus outbreak in the United States, the Detroit Auto Show will not be pushing through with its run slated June 6 to 20, a report published by the Detroit Free Press said.
The 2020 North American International Auto Show in Detroit was originally scheduled to take place at the TCF Center (formerly known as Cobo); however, it is no longer happening because the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) assigned the venue as a field hospital for the next six months for emergency patients.
The report said all plans related to the show will be moved to 2021, including the planned outdoor street fair and annual black-tie charity preview.
Earlier this month, the New York Auto Show that was supposed to take place this month was moved by the organizers to late August. The Geneva Auto Show was also canceled in February just days before it was supposed to begin.
According to the latest data, the city of Detroit is among the hardest-hit areas in Michigan for COVID-19 cases, with 2080 cases and 75 deaths as of April 1.