CARPARTS.COM’S ULTIMATE PARTS GIVEAWAY (“Sweepstakes”)
SWEEPSTAKES VOID WHERE PROHIBITED
1. PARTICIPATION CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF RULES. Participation in this Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Rules. Sweepstakes is sponsored by CarParts.com (“Sponsor”). Sponsor is not responsible for printing errors in these Official Rules.
2. Void where prohibited, taxed or otherwise restricted by law. The Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state and local laws.
3. Sponsor: CarParts.com, 761 Progress Parkway, La Salle, IL 61301.
4. Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open to all legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor, U.S. Auto Parts Network, Inc. (“US Auto Parts”) and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”), and the immediate family members (spouse, mother, father, in-laws, grandmother, grandfather, brother, sister, children and grandchildren) and/or those living in the same household of any Sweepstakes Entity are not eligible. US Auto Parts is not responsible for the collection, submission or processing of entries, the administration of the Sweepstakes or the selection of winners.
5. How to Enter: Sweepstakes begins 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on April 13, 2020 and ends 11:59:59 p.m. ET on June 5, 2020 (“Promotional Period”). All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Incomplete entries are void.
Point of Entry Option 1: Emails & Social Media Posts
Throughout the Promotional Period, Sponsor and/or its marketing partners will distribute emails promoting the Sweepstakes, and Sponsor will make posts to its page/account on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/carpartscom), Twitter (https://twitter.com/carpartscom) and Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/carpartscom) (collectively, “Marketing Communications”).
To enter during the Promotion Period in response to any of these Marketing Communications:
- Join the CarParts.com mailing list through the Sweepstakes sign up popup or embedded form on https://www.carparts.com.
- Complete the entry form in its entirety; and
- Click the final button to receive two (2) entries into the Sweepstakes, one for your email address and another one for your mobile number.
Point of Entry Option 2: Online Entry with CarParts.com Account
During the Promotional Period:
- Create a CarParts.com account at https://www.carparts.com/myaccount/login (your “Account”) (creating an Account is free and is subject to the Conditions of Use and Privacy Notice available at CarParts.com);
- Click the “Create a New Account” button to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes.
Point of Entry Option 3: Online Entry with a CarParts.com My Garage vehicle
During the Promotional Period:
- After creating a CarParts.com account at https://www.carparts.com/myaccount/login (your “Account”) (creating an Account is free and is subject to the Conditions of Use and Privacy Notice available at CarParts.com).
- Add a vehicle to the My Garage section at https://www.carparts.com/myaccount/getallvehicles to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes.
6. Winner Selection and Notification: Ten (10) potential Prize Winners will be randomly selected on or about June 1, 2020 from all eligible entries received by Sponsor. Sponsor will attempt to notify potential prize winners by phone, e-mail or other delivery method as determined at the sole discretion of Sponsor. If the potential winner fails to respond within three (3) days of the notification, or declines to accept the prize or a prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner will be disqualified and the Sponsor will select an alternate potential winner. Up to two (2) alternate drawings will be held, after which the prize will remain un-awarded if it remains unclaimed. Potential Prize winner shall be required to complete, have notarized and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability and, where imposing such condition is legal, a Publicity Release within five (5) business days of written prize notification acceptance by winner. A failure to comply may result in forfeiture of prize and an alternate winner may be selected.
7. Prize: Ten (10) Prizes: a CarParts.com Ultimate Parts Giveaway, awarded in the form of a $1,000 off one-time use discount coupon to the winner for use on CarParts.com. The $1,000 one-time use coupon is intended to be used by the Prize Winners to buy parts for their desired vehicle. Odds of winning a prize will depend on the total number of eligible entries received throughout the Promotional Period. Prize is non-transferable. All local, state and federal taxes and any other expenses not specifically mentioned herein related to the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner, and an IRS Form 1099 will be issued for the Prize Winner only by the Sponsor reporting the value of the prize as income to the winner. Total Approximate Retail Value of each Prize: $1,000.
8. Winner’s List: To obtain a winner’s list (available after June 10, 2020), send a self addressed, stamped business size (#10) envelope to: CarParts.com Ultimate Parts Giveaway, ATTN: Marketing Department, 761 Progress Parkway, La Salle, IL 61301. All requests for a Winner’s List must be received by May 13, 2020.
9. Release: By participating, entrants release the Sweepstakes Entities and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliated businesses, advertising and promotion agencies and the officers, directors, employees and agents of each (collectively, the “Released Parties”), from any and all liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described) for injuries, damages or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with this Sweepstakes or receipt, enjoyment, ownership or use of the Prize. Each entrant agrees that none of the Released Parties: (A) shall be responsible or liable for, and are hereby released from, any and all costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including, without limitation, death and bodily injury, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity, or from entrants’ acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of any prize, and (B) have made any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to any prize, including, without limitation, to such prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose.
11. General Conditions: Sponsor and US Auto Parts reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor and US Auto Parts in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor and US Auto Parts reserve the right to award the prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor and US Auto Parts reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor and US Auto Parts reserve the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s and US Auto Parts’ failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
12. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (3) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (4) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another Sweepstakes entry, if possible.
13. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the applicable state or federal court in La Salle, Illinois; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Illinois without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Illinois or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Illinois.
©2020 CarParts.com. All rights reserved.