A1 Cardone Power Steering Pump
Power steering makes driving a pleasing experience. It doesn’t require you to put a lot of effort on the wheel, since power steering does all the work for you. However, driving with a bad power steering pump is not only cumbersome, but it is also dangerous. Imagine yourself turning into a sharp corner only to find out that your steering wheel won’t budge. Like with most car parts, choosing the right steering pump can be a huge challenge. We tested the A1 Cardone steering pump on our Ford F-150, and this is what we have to say.
- Remanufactured OE-replacement
- Sold individually
- Reservoir included
- Comes with a three-year (or 36,000-mile) A1 Cardone limited warranty
What we liked
- The A1 Cardone power steering pump installs rather easily. The pump mounts straight to the reservoir, cutting our installation time down to 45 minutes.
- We noticed that steering is a lot easier right after we installed this pump. Turning at tight corners is a breeze. Stiff steering is common during cold weather, but this pump enabled us to maneuver our truck with ease.
- The steering wheel of our Ford F-150 also easily returns to center after turning. We barely put in much effort in maneuvering our vehicle. It works just like the stock one that we had, but a lot better.
- The chattering noise under the hood of our F-150 was gone immediately after we installed this new power steering pump. We also didn’t hear any squealing sound when turning.
- For its price, this power steering pump offers great value. Other brands with the same features are a lot more expensive, especially if you look at dealership prices. This one is affordable. It’s also a good thing that the reservoir is already included in the package.
What we didn’t like
- This steering pump requires new O-rings for the assembly. We had to look online for compatible ones, as the old O-rings that we have didn’t fit the pump at all.
Our final say
If you’re looking for a reasonably priced steering pump, this one from A1 Cardone might just be the right one for you. This pump is made to last a long time, and it looks like we’re going to enjoy more steering power on our vehicle with this pump installed under the hood. In case the pump breaks down, you can easily claim the limited warranty and have the part fixed.