- The 2018 Toyota Highlander 3.5L is known for being a very dependable SUV, but the manufacturer’s maintenance schedule needs to be followed to keep the Highlander running at its best.
- Maintenance tasks like brake disc and fluid inspections, tire rotation, and EFI tank additive refills, among other tasks, are required every 5,000 miles for the 2018 Toyota Highlander.
- Oil changes and cabin air filter inspections are required every 10,000 miles for the 2018 Toyota Highlander. Other parts like the transmission and suspension need to be inspected at longer intervals.
Your 2018 Toyota Highlander is great for bringing your family to far-away destinations, but it will need periodic maintenance so that you can make the most out of its lifespan. If you regularly maintain your Highlander, you can expect it to reach a lifespan of more than 300,000 miles. This article will show you the maintenance tasks that you or your mechanic should perform to get the most out of your SUV.
Note: The maintenance schedule described in this article is specifically for the 2018 Toyota Highlander 3.5L V6. Maintenance tasks and schedules can vary between different engines/trims. Refer to your vehicle’s service manual for complete information on the scheduled maintenance recommended by the manufacturer.
Quick Notes from Our Automotive Subject Matter Expert, Mia Bevacqua
The 2018 Toyota Highlander 3.5L is known for being a very dependable SUV. Like any vehicle, however, you need to keep up on routine maintenance if you want it to last. Follow the manufacturer’s maintenance schedule to keep your Highlander running its best.
–Mia Bevacqua, Automotive Subject Matter Expert at CarParts.com
Maintenance Schedule Tasks for Your 2018 Highlander
If you want to save money, then you can try to learn how to do your vehicle’s maintenance yourself. However, this can be quite time-consuming. Luckily, you can find many auto repair shops around the country that can do it for you.
Every 5,000 Miles
- Inspect and replace the brake discs and pads if necessary.
- Rotate the tires so that they wear out evenly.
- Inspect the vehicle’s fluids.
- Inspect the wiper blades. Replace them if necessary.
- Inspect the driver-side floor mat.
- Refill the Toyota EFI tank additive.
Every 10,000 Miles
- Drain and refill engine oil.
- Reset the oil replacement reminder light.
- Inspect the cabin air filter and replace it if necessary.
Every 15,000 Miles
- Inspect the suspension’s ball joints and dust covers.
- Inspect the steering linkage.
- Inspect the driveshaft flange yoke torque.
- Inspect the cooling system fluid level.
- Inspect the brake lines.
- Inspect the A/C condenser.
- Inspect the exhaust system.
- Inspect the radiator.
- Inspect the rear differential fluid level.
Check out this video for tips on how to replace your rear differential fluid:
At 30,000 Miles
- Remove and replace the engine air filter element.
- Inspect the transmission for leaks.
- Inspect the brake linings and replace them if necessary.
- Inspect the brake rotors and replace them if necessary.
- Inspect the brake drums and replace them if necessary.
- Inspect the fuel tank filler cap o-ring and replace it if necessary.
- Inspect fuel lines, hoses, and connections.
- Inspect the fuel tank and fuel tank bands.
- Inspect the fuel evaporative emission control system lines.
At 60,000 Miles
- The accessory drive belt should be inspected (and every 15,000 miles going forward).
- The spark plugs should be removed and replaced.
At 100,000 Miles
- The engine coolant should be drained, flushed, and refilled.
Every 120,000 Miles
Where to Get Oil Filters for Your 2018 Toyota Highlander
It’s normal to replace components like brake pads, wiper blades, and oil filters at regular intervals. When these parts are worn and aren’t replaced, vehicle functionality and performance will suffer. Eventually, these faulty components can compromise your vehicle’s drivability and reliability. Luckily, CarParts.com can supply you with the right replacement part you need, so you can replace worn-out vehicle parts at the correct intervals.
CarParts.com is a trusted source for all sorts of vehicle parts, so you don’t have to worry when you need new oil filters, wiper blades, or brake pads. We can deliver parts to your home in only a few business days. We only source our products from established brands, so you can be confident that our parts have met stringent quality control standards. We have distribution centers in strategic locations throughout the US, so you can get new oil filters fast.
You can trust CarParts.com when it comes to affordable and reliable parts like Toyota Highlander brake pads and wiper blades. So shop now and enjoy our fast shipping!
Any information provided on this Website is for informational purposes only and is not intended to replace consultation with a professional mechanic. The accuracy and timeliness of the information may change from the time of publication.