Your car’s headlight bulbs are key components that illuminate the road when you’re driving in the dark. These bulbs serve as the main light source in the headlight assembly. They play a big role in road safety. They give you a clear view of the road, which allows you to avoid any road debris, potholes, and even pedestrians.
Within the headlight assembly, the bulb is located inside the glass or plastic encasement in front of your vehicle. There’s a switch in the passenger cabin that turns it on and off. The headlight bulbs are linked to your vehicle’s power supply, allowing them to light up and adjust between beam levels. Some states won’t allow you to drive your car at night if you have a busted headlight, so you should change your headlight bulb as soon as it burns out.
Aftermarket replacement headlight bulbs are as reliable and long-lasting as their OE counterparts but they are more affordable, which means you can get the same quality while saving money at the same time. Check out high-quality replacement headlight bulbs at CarParts.com today.
6 Best Headlight Bulb Brands
If you’re getting a headlight bulb replacement, you should buy reliable ones with maximum light intensity and long-lasting component life. We’ve listed the top six headlight bulb brands that are worth every cent:
- Replacement Headlight Bulbs
- Kool Vue Headlight Bulbs
- Anzo Headlight Bulbs
- AC Delco Headlight Bulbs
- Crown Headlight Bulbs
- GenuineXL Headlight Bulbs
Replacement headlight bulbs work just as well as OE bulbs. They’re made to accommodate a wide variety of vehicle makes and models, promising high quality performance at competitive prices. These headlight bulbs are available at unbeatable prices, allowing you to fix your headlights on any budget.
- Ideal for both high or low beam settings
- Has a wide variety of models for different vehicle makes and models
- Products come with a 1-year unlimited-mileage warranty and a 90-day return policy
- Bulbs are available as individual pieces and in sets of two or four
- Has a wide selection of headlight bulb types, such as H7, HB5, H1, H4, D2S, D1S, HB4, and so on
Our Score: 10/10
The Kool Vue brand is known for its affordability, without skimping on quality. Its headlight bulbs function and fit just as well as any stock part. Its products have been designed with exact OE specifications for easy installation.
- Offers H9 and H11 bulb types
- Products come with standard one-year limited warranty
- Covers a wide array of vehicle makes and models
- Trusted brand by DIY-ers and professional mechanics
Our Score: 10/10
Anzo is one of the industry leaders in LED and performance lighting aftermarket components. Its headlight bulbs promise high-grade illumination and superb durability. Its direct-fit headlight bulbs are easy to install, and compatible with many vehicle makes and models.
- Compliant with the Department of Transportation’s standards
- OE-grade brightness and longevity
- Easy installation and optimal fit
- Products come with a one-year limited warranty
Our Score: 9/10
AC Delco’s headlight bulbs guarantee perfect fit and precise specifications. It has OE replacement and performance bulbs, which allow you to repair or upgrade your vehicle. It covers a wide array of vehicle years, makes, and models. It also has a wide selection of bulb types including halogen, H4, H7, H9, 9007, T61, and more.
- Made with the latest technology and quality standards
- Products use OE specifications for a perfect fit
- Each item comes with a 24-month or unlimited mile limited warranty
Our Score: 8/10
Crown Automotive has been the preferred brand for Jeep aftermarket parts since 1942. Its headlight bulbs guarantee a good fit and excellent functionality for Jeep models. It offers multiple bulb types including H4, 9006XS, 9004, 9007, and so on.
- Products come with 1-year or 12,000-mile limited warranty
- Headlight bulbs are sold as individual pieces
- Available in black or clear finish
Our Score: 8/10
GenuineXL is known for reliable replacement car parts engineered for optimal function. Its headlight bulbs are designed for OE replacement. GenuineXL uses only premium materials, ensuring high quality and performance.
- Products come with a 24-month limited warranty
- Uses OE specifications for easy installation
- Made of premium materials for OE-like durability
Our Score: 8/10
When Should You Replace Your Headlight Bulbs?
Having busted headlight bulbs can be a hassle. You may be unable to drive your car when it gets dark. There are signs you can look out for that may mean your headlight bulbs are going bad:
Flickering is one of the most common signs of a worn filament in your halogen bulbs. This can also be caused by a faulty electrical connection, so get it checked by a mechanic immediately.
Unusually Dim Headlights
Dimming headlights may be a sign of worn headlight bulbs. If it seems like your headlight’s beam intensity has changed, you should check it out or have it inspected by a mechanic.
Busted headlight bulbs must be replaced as soon as possible. You should replace both bulbs at the same time, even if only one has burned out. This is because the working bulb may also be close to burning out.
Headlight Bulb Replacement Cost
The cost of a headlight bulb replacement can vary. It depends on different factors, such as the vehicle’s year, make, and model. Aftermarket headlight bulbs can go from $20 to $350, but may vary based on inclusions. They are sold as individual pieces, in sets, or as part of a headlight assembly kit. Regardless of the cost, it’s crucial to have burnt-out headlight bulbs replaced immediately.
Headlight Bulbs Recommended For: