Tips and Tricks when Buying a New Honda Fender
If the fender is heavily dented or bent out of shape after a collision, you shouldn't leave this on unfixed. Fenders frame the wheel well. They protect the wheels and braking systems from debris and other harsh elements on the road. As the front fenders cover the sides of the engine block, they keep kicked-up dirt and debris from getting into the engine and from ruining the auto body. So if the fender is damaged, you should have this repaired or replaced as soon as possible. If you're on the market for a new Honda fender, check out some of these tips:
• Front or rear fenders? - The first thing you have to do after a fender-bender is to check the car's design. This will tell you whether you can replace the front or rear fender or must install a new rear quarter panel. As you shop around for a new fender, be specific with your search. Indicate the exact location of the fender to get a fitting replacement that can be installed with less worries.
• Do you prefer custom fenders? - To find the best fender options, you may search for sellers or manufacturers that specialize in custom fenders. Custom fenders can ensure proper fit and form. Some customized designs can even offer replacements that are built for increased safety, performance, and durability.
• Should you get a body kit instead? - Instead of just fixing a dented or damaged fender, you may want to revamp the whole exterior of the vehicle. For this project, you can use an auto body kit, which includes fenders, rear quarter panels, front or rear spoilers, hood scoops, and bumpers. The kit will provide the complete package.
Fender material and finish
• What are the different materials used in making a fender? - When shopping for a new fender, one of the things you have to consider is the material used. Your options include aluminum, steel, and plastic. Some of the more expensive fenders are made using these materials: carbon fiber, magnesium, and silicon.
• What are the available finish for the fender? - The fender should be built to precisely fit that side of the vehicle, hugging all the right corners and matching the contours. This should also be painted with the same color. You may have to choose between unprimed fenders and painted fenders. Unprimed fenders are ready for painting. The paint should match that of the vehicle. To get the paint code, you can refer to the vehicle's VIN or may contact the manufacturer or dealer. For the painted fender, make sure that it matches the tint or shade of the vehicle.
• How can I upgrade the fender? - The new fender can be outfitted with some accessories to give it the edge in styling. These accessories can improve the vehicle's side profile. Some of the fender accessories you can use are flares, trims, liners, and skirts. Your choice would largely depend on what kind of look you're aiming for. While some are used mainly as an accent, other fender accessories are designed to protect the fenders better. Some fenders come with certain provisions such as for the emblem, molding, and the mud guard. This means that the fenders have pre-drilled holes to accommodate certain accessories.
Honda Fender Buyer's Guide
- Vehicles manufactured by Honda tend to have high resale value because they are well-built and reliable.
- However, even if a vehicle is well-built, parts like the Honda fender can incur damage that will require you to replace it.
- Honda has 12 manufacturing plants in the United States today, and it has been producing vehicles in America since 1982.
- Available per piece, in sets of two, or part of a kit, an aftermarket Honda fender costs anywhere from $10 up to $600.
Honda is the eighth largest vehicle manufacturer in the world and the second largest automaker in Japan. Despite being in the automotive industry for more than 70 years, the Japanese carmaker shows no sign of slowing down when it comes to producing reliable and well-built cars like the Honda Accord.
With their superb dependability, Honda vehicles tend to have high resale value, making them a great choice if you are looking for a second-hand car. However, no matter how well-built a vehicle is, its parts won’t last forever and thus need to be replaced. One part that you should change immediately when damaged is the Honda fender.
Who manufactures genuine Honda fenders?
Honda has been manufacturing vehicles in the U.S. since 1982 when it opened its first auto production in Ohio. Since then, the carmaker has built a total of 12 manufacturing plants located in different U.S. states including Alabama, North Carolina, South Carolina, Indiana, Georgia, and of course, Ohio.
Two-thirds of the Honda and Acura automobiles sold in America are made in Honda’s U.S. plants. Other Honda vehicles like the Odyssey minivan and Ridgeline pickup are produced either in the United States or Canada.
What is the difference between OEM and OE Replacement Honda parts?
When it comes to quality, both Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) or Original Equipment (OE) Replacement Honda parts are made to match your stock components. These parts go through the strictest quality control procedures, ensuring their long service life. In terms of availability and pricing, OE Replacement Honda parts are better than OEM ones. If you are looking for a Honda Accord rear fender for example, you can be sure that there are several aftermarket brands that produce this component that fits the specifications of your ride.
How much does a Honda fender replacement cost?
The price of an aftermarket Honda fender ranges from $10 up to $600. You can purchase a replacement Honda fender per piece, in sets of two, or as a kit. On top of that, you can choose from a variety of materials like steel, aluminum, or plastic and colors or finishes including primed and textured. You can also acquire an aftermarket Honda fender that comes with warranty to further protect yourself.
Finding the right Honda parts online
If you want to ensure you’re buying the right part or accessory for your vehicle, make sure to use our website’s vehicle selector. Just select your car’s year, make, and model before typing in the part or accessory that you are looking for in the search bar. This will guarantee that the search results will be limited to products that are compatible with your ride, making your online shopping quick and easy.
To make your search even more convenient, you can filter the parts by price range, brand, location, material, color, and quantity sold. This way, it would be easy for you to exclude the components that are not within your budget or those products that do not match your own requirements or preferences.