Toyota Fog Light Buyer's Guide
- Honda’s trademark of manufacturing well-built, practical, and reliable cars paved the way for its continuing success. Aside from this, Honda also became well known for its safety features such as driving and stability systems.
- One important component of any vehicle’s safety feature is the vehicle’s automotive lighting system. Fog lights are part of this system.
- Although not all vehicles come with fog lights installed, it is advisable to have them installed. If you own a modern Honda vehicle, you most likely have these lights installed in your vehicle.
- These lights were specially designed to help the driver have a clearer view of the road ahead in situations where visibility is hampered due to fog, mist, rain, or snow. Most fog lights come with halogen or LED bulbs.
- OEM replacement parts refer to fog lights that are made by Honda or its authorized manufacturer. OE replacements, on the other hand, refers to fog lights that are manufactured by other companies.
- OE replacements are just as good as OEM. Just make sure that you are getting the right fit for your vehicle.
Honda has long established its reputation as one of the most reliable brands in the automotive industry. Following the release of the Civic and the Accord, the rise of Honda was indeed unstoppable. At present, Honda is known for its well-built, practical, and reliable cars, making it one of the most trusted car brands all across America.
Years ago, Honda launched a branding campaign with a tagline “Safety for Everyone”. This campaign aimed to promote Honda’s commitment in protecting drivers, passengers and pedestrians. When talking about vehicle safety features, a lot of things would surely come to mind like different driving and stability systems that aid you in driving. Aside from those mentioned, another car component that aids in road safety are automotive lights like fog lights.
What are fog lights and what do they do?
Not all vehicles come with fog lights installed, but if you happen to own a modern Honda, it may already come with one. A fog light’s main function is to help the driver have a clear view of what is ahead, especially when visibility is hampered due to mist, fog, rain, or snow.
Although headlights can provide the much-needed illumination during night time, the wide beam coming from these lights can reflect back in the driver’s eyes and cause unwanted distraction. The beam of light coming from fog light bulbs are much more focused because of their steeper angle, allowing drivers to have a clearer view of the road ahead.
Fog lights are typically installed at the lower front portion of your vehicle. They are strategically placed below headlights near the lower bumper cover. The exact location of your fog lights will depend on your vehicle’s model. Most modern vehicles come equipped with LED fog lights while older models come with halogen as standard.
OEM vs OE: Which is a better choice?
When looking for a fog light replacement, you may be faced with these two options. Generally, OEM replacement parts refer to those that are made by the manufacturer. In this case, it refers to fog lights that are manufactured by Honda. OE replacements, on the other hand, refers to car parts that are manufactured by other companies.
Since OEM fog lights are made by Honda, they are priced a bit higher than OE replacement variants. OE replacement fog lights are generally a more affordable option, but it does not mean that the quality of the fog light or fog light kit is compromised. OE replacements are also good in terms of quality. Most of the time, they have the same quality or even exceed those of OEM parts.
If there is one advantage to getting OE replacements, it is the number of options and variants available. OE replacements are also readily available, so you will not have to wait long before getting a fog light replacement. In the end, it all boils down to preference. All you have to do is make sure that you are buying quality OE replacement or OEM fog lights that fit the specifications of your vehicle.
Finding the Right Fit for your Vehicle
Fog light replacement will usually cost you around $50 to $250. If you’re looking for a fog light kit replacement or fog light bulbs, you may be overwhelmed by the many choices available online. Make sure to read up on fog lights or talk to your trusted mechanic before buying one. Enter the correct details of your vehicle in our search engine to avoid buying the wrong fog lights.