- One side of my side view mirror has been recently damaged and I am thinking of taking this chance to change both the mirrors. What are the things to consider when getting a new set of Chrysler mirror?
When buying a new set of side view mirrors, you have to take note of your vehicle's make, model, and year. Keep in mind the types of mirrors available, whether you need manual or electric type, the different kinds of glass, and the correct side of the mirror, either left or right side. If you opt for an electric type of Chrysler mirror, make sure your vehicle is compatible with the design features the side view mirror provides. Some additional design options may include signal lights, auto dimming, and memory functions.
- I have a Chrysler pick-up and I constantly dent my truck when backing up. What are the possible mirror options for a truck, which are not expensive?
Highly recommended for truck owners, you may want to install telescopic or towing side view mirrors. These mirrors let you see further than the usual behind the vehicle. Automotive mirror manufacturers offer a wide range of selection for these type of mirror. You may want to check out online stores first to see the different styles and their corresponding price range.
- I want to change my Chrysler body color but I am concerned whether the side view mirrors can be painted in the same color as the body. Is this possible? How to go about it?
It is possible to paint your Chrysler mirror in the same color as the body. However, you have to check first whether you have painted or textured side view mirrors. Generally, textured-surface mirrors cannot allow painting. Only mirrors that have smooth surfaces can be painted to match the body. You may need to do some priming tasks as well as sanding works to prepare the surfaces for painting. For an accurate assessment, you should bring your vehicle to a reputable auto body shop.
- My Chrysler mirror was damaged while parking in to a tight space. Is it possible to repair the mirror on my own? How to do it?
Depending on the gravity of the damage, you may repair the mirror on your own. If only the glass is broken, you can just replace the glass and still use the mirror housing as well as the adjustment mechanism, if they are still functioning properly. On the other hand, if the damage includes the housing or the adjustment mechanism, you may have to replace the whole mirror assembly, which you can still do on your own.
- My Chrysler was left in the open for quite some time. Because of this, the side view mirrors shows watermarks that are quite difficult to remove. Can you give me some tips on how to remove these spots?
Water droplets leave some white residue when dry and, if left unattended for a long time, can create stains that are hard to remove. To remove these stains safely, use white vinegar, clean water, and clean lint-free cloths. Refrain from using abrasive pads and harsh chemicals as these may actually damage the mirror.