Replacement Control Arm Review
It is not enough for a car to go smoothly on the road for it to be called good. It should also be able to twist and turn at the driver's will without any complications. So when you can no longer turn left or right without alarming movements or shimmying, then it’s time to get the car's control arms checked and replaced. But how would you know which kind of control arm would give a car better steering flexibility? To find out, we installed a Replacement control arm—one of our bestsellers—on a 003 Saab '93 4-door sedan and rated it according to its performance, quality, ease of installation, and price.
- OE-comparable fit and style
- Part sold individually
- Includes ball joints and bushings
- Backed by a 1-year, unlimited-mileage warranty
- Upon purchasing the part, we were very impressed with its sturdy appearance. Physically, the Replacement control arm looked identical to the original equipment.
- The part fitted nicely with the rest of our Saab's suspension. It wasn't too loose or too tight, which made it very easy to install.
- We liked how the part came complete with all the necessary hardware. It came with everything we need—such as bushings and ball joints—for a hassle-free replacement.
- When we test drove the Saab after installing the new control arms, we observed that our ride was more comfortable than it was before. So far, the new control arms eliminated the shimmy in our vehicle's steering.
- The more affordable price of the Replacement control arm and the warranty that came with the part added more value to this replacement.
- Although the part looked very durable, the "Made in Taiwan" insignia written on the hardware was a bit of a turn-off. We were expecting a replacement that was locally made.
- Installation was a breeze, except for the fact that we had to use a few tools to complete the task. We had to find a spring compressor to get the original part removed and the new control arm installed.
- Since we had to replace both the lower and upper control arms of the Saab, we would have appreciated a part that was sold as a pair instead of purchasing an individual part.
The Replacement control arm is a heavy-duty replacement that can improve your control over your vehicle. The part itself looks solid with a nice-looking finish, which made it appear durable. Aside from its physical attributes, the Replacement control arm can also reduce the unnecessary vibrations in a car's suspension system. Overall, the Replacement control arm's relatively lower price and its OE-replacement fit makes this aftermarket part a good buy for any DIYer looking for a good and inexpensive replacement.