Replacement EGR Cooler Review
Is your ride’s EGR cooler starting to act out? Are you now scouting for another replacement unit available for your particular vehicle make and model? Since you have to shell out your hard-earned bucks for a new EGR cooler, it always pays to make an informed decision. It is important that you do your research first for you to get your money’s worth.
We know that looking for a replacement unit isn’t an easy feat, what with the broad range of choices available in the market these days, all claiming to be the best value for the buyer’s money. We are here to help you overcome that dilemma through our honest and expert review of some of the known EGR cooler choices, including the Replacement EGR cooler.
- Direct fit
- 100% brand-new part
- Sold as a kit, including gaskets
- Backed by 1-year, unlimited-mileage warranty
- Since it is pretty much like the original component in fit and form, we didn’t have a hard time installing it in place and making it work.
- It is offered as a kit, including gaskets and necessary hardware, sparing us from the hassles of doing multiple transactions just to find compatible hardware, gaskets, and o-rings.
- The price is unbelievably low—this is, in fact, the cheapest replacement EGR cooler we found when we searched online.
- During the drive test after installation, we immediately noticed a significant reduction in the vehicle’s nitrous oxide emissions.
- It instantly solved the coolant leak problem in our vehicle’s cooling system.
- Compared to the warranty coverage of known brands like Dorman, we weren’t impressed by Replacement’s 1-year, unlimited-mileage warranty—longer coverage would have been better.
Our final say:
We give the Replacement EGR cooler two thumbs up for being offered at such a low price. It also lives up to its promise of providing DIYers with easy installation and perfect fit. This is a good solution for drivers who are gearing up their ride for the state emissions inspection. The warranty may not be impressive enough, but that’s way better than not being backed up by any warranty coverage at all. Overall, we give this product a rating of 4 as it is all-set in helping drivers who think that making adjustments in the engine alone won’t help them pass the new and stricter emissions standards.