Replacement Ignition Coil Ins and Outs
So you want to get a new ignition coil? Well, if you are a smart buyer, then you know that you should not just get the nearest one that is available. Just because it is on top of the list, it does not mean that it is the best one for your vehicle. It is thus vital that you do your research before going on a hunt for your replacement. That way, you are already sure of what you want, and you will not be conned or scammed by others. With that said, here is all you need to know about the Replacement ignition coil:
What makes it reliable: The great thing about the Replacement ignition coil is the quality of the material. It car part is made out of high-grade materials, making it a very durable ignition coil. Because of this, you can be assured that it is going to have a lifespan worthwhile of its price. It also very capable of resisting wear and tear that would otherwise ruin other ignition coils. Adding to that, the design is made in such a way that the internal parts, such as the electrical connections, are safe from harm caused by debris or corrossion
Where it fits: You could install the Replacement ignition coil basically on any model vehicle. The brand has a product available for all kinds of car distributors, whether it being a regular one or an HEI distributor.
How to maintain the Replacement ignition coil's longevity: If you going to replace your ignition coil, then you should now learn how to take care of it. After all, what is the point of getting a new one if it is going to get broken again? Thus, it is necessary for now to know how to take care of it. When installing the Replacement ignition coil, make sure that you do it in a safe and careful mannter. Remember that the ignition system consists ofr multiple electrical connections, as well as very sensitive components. Be careful when you pun in the ignition coil, and make sure that it is nice and tight, without much freeplay.
What to Expect from a Replacement Ignition Coil
When it comes to a worthwhile buy, Replacement offers many enjoyable benefits upon purchase. One of its many products is the ignition coil. According to the company, for a price that is very easy on the pocket, you could get the same performance as other aftermarket products. Made out of high-quality materials, you can expect a positive change in the car's starting performance, with no problems or any stalls or stutters. However, after everything has been said, does the product really live up to the brand's name? To help you, the consumer, solve it problem out, take a peek at these ratings below:
How well does it perform? (4/5 stars)
What is great about the Replacement ignition coil is that for an OEM part, it is able to perform much better than its peers of the same price range. Because it has been tested thoroughly for quality and durability, you can assure that your vehicle is able to start immediately. Tested on a 2011 Honda Civic, the transition from idle to running is smooth and crisp. As such, the product receives a four out of five.
Is it easy to install? (4/5 stars)
There is no greater hassle than realizing that the replacement you bought can't be easily installed, and modifications have to be made. Thankfully, that would not be a problem with this product. Setting this one up is as easy as taking the old part out, then snapping the new one in. All you have to do is simply follow the manual that comes with it, and make sure that the vehicle is not running when installing. Also, remember to wear safety gloves, for you are dealing with possible electrical currents. Worry-free installation gives this product a four out of five.
Is it worth the price? (5/5 stars)
Right off the bat, this product definitely gets a perfect score of five out of five. One of Replacement's best assets is its ability to offer high-quality products at a very convenient price. With easy maintenance, satisfactory performance, and assured reliability, it also comes with a 1-year, unlimited-mileage warranty.
Overall rating: 4/5 stars
Replacement Ignition Coil Review
What is a spark plug without a spark? Then it’s a spark plug without an ignition coil. This part is responsible for creating the voltage necessary for spark plugs to work. To find out which ignition coil will give you efficient performance to solve your misfiring engine, we've installed a Replacement ignition coil on our 93 Grand Am and had it tested on the road.
- Meet OE specifications for fit and function
- Standard type with coil pack design
- Male wire attachment style
- Includes 1 ignition coil per 2 cylinders - 12 volts, stud-type, and 2-prong male terminal
- Backed by a 1-year, unlimited-mileage warranty
- This part was excellent during installation. It fitted the Grand Am perfectly without any need for modification. Our team installed this ignition coil in a snap.
- The Replacement ignition coil was one of the cheaper coils out there in the market. But it was far from working like a cheap auto part knock off. It was well-built and made from high-quality materials. It’s a good replacement as far as quality goes.
- After installing the part, we had the Grand Am out on the streets for testing. The engine ran smooth like it was supposed to. It had an instant start, even during colder months. Its quick response and smooth idle proved the Replacement ignition coil's compatibility with the our vehicle's system.
- Although the part itself fitted just like the original part, its electrical connection was a different story. Our team was unable to get to harness to click into place no matter how much force we applied. We simply had to make do with zip tying the electrical connection in place.
- Since the part is individually sold, replacing the entire system would be too costly. We would have appreciated an option to purchase the part as a set.
The Replacement ignition coil is recommended for drivers who want the performance of an OE replacement with the price of a cheap aftermarket. Right from its fit down to its performance, this ignition coil provides optimal efficiency similar to an OEM replacement. But its most appealing factor is its inexpensive price tag. Although the part can be a bit difficult to install due to its electrical connections, with some help from an experienced electrician, this part is worth trying.