Replacement Power Steering Pump Review
If you have driven a car before with a manual steering system, you surely appreciate how easy it is to drive a vehicle equipped with power steering. This feature allows you to turn the wheels of your car with only less effort exerted on the steering wheel. The system uses a power steering pump that is driven by a belt-and-pulley mechanism, which in turn moves the rotor inside the pump in order to pressurize the power steering fluid. The system can be a bit complicated to understand, but what you have to know is that a dependable power steering pump makes your car easier to drive. If you need this assistance when driving, then install a high-quality pump for your hydraulic steering system. Let us see if a replacement power steering pump deserves that spot in your car.
- Made from high-quality metal for durability
- New component
- Original equipment replacement
- Does not include a pulley and a reservoir
- With a year of unlimited-mileage warranty
We tested this component on a Toyota Fortuner and an Audi A3, and here is what we have to say:
- Being an original equipment replacement, it was not surprising that we were able to install the power steering pump on the Fortuner and the A3 without any hassle. The old belt meshed securely with the grooves on the side of the component. The procedure took only about twenty-five minutes for each car.
- The body of the steering pump looked solid and durable, and the critical areas looked thick enough. From the looks of it, the pump would be able to service the two vehicles longer than the recommended mileage.
- After ensuring that the pump had enough fluid, we drove each vehicle for thirty minutes to test the performance of the power steering pump. The noise we experienced prior the replacement was non-existent, and we thought we could hear the inner rotor rotate smoothly.
- Steering the vehicles to the left and right was very easy. The assistance provided by the new pump was very satisfactory.
- Good price and warranty.
- The component did not come with a new pulley and reservoir that could have complemented the power steering pump better. If these add-ons were included, the system would have been all new and each component would wear at the same time.
This replacement power steering pump is actually not a bad deal. With its affordable price and good warranty offering, it is a great product to opt for. It performed what an original equipment part was supposed to do. When you purchase this product, make sure to include a new pulley and reservoir on your list.