GMC is one of the formidable brands of vehicle that produces a complete line of top quality small, mid-, and full-size trucks. Since it began in 1902 as Rapid Motor Vehicle Company, the GMC set records as one the company that with earliest commercial trucks that hit the road. When it was bought by the General Motors and renamed GMC Truck, the evolution of the company set the rapid phase of the development of truck in the market. In 1996, the Truck' was removed from the name thus arriving to the name GMC as we know it today. And by removing the name, GMC produced other types of vehicles such as van and SUVs as part of their expansion.
Up to now, GMC continues to innovate, protect, and move the world with their latest Yukon, Sierra, Canyon, Envoy, Safari, Savana, and light and medium Duty Commercial vehicles. The commitment to serve only the best amenities and safety features to the drivers and passengers of every GMC vehicles are their priority that makes one of the most acclaimed divisions of GM.
Indeed, GMC has developed from a mere truck manufacturer into a big name in the business. They have also grown from their simple truck design into a more sophisticated vehicle with several accessories that redefines the attitude of every GMC vehicles. Accessories such as sunroofs, vent shades, rear valances, visors, hood shields, cargo management systems, running boards, bed protection, cargo management systems and other relevant GMC accessories are made exclusively for specific GMC models. Other forms of modification such as transforming the GMC into a sportier truck, van or SUVs are now possible with the help of the lowering kit, side skirts, modified bumper, and of course lights specifically the altezza auto tail lights.
Altezza auto tail lights are functions as regular auto tail lights that are usually found at the rear end of the vehicle that work as warning or signal to the other cars behind to slow down. It also functions as a sign to other driver of your vehicle's presence especially during rainy weather, or foggy conditions. The main only difference is that altezza auto tail lights are clear on the side that made it sportier looking.
GMC Tail Light Buyer's Guide
- As one of the biggest automakers in terms of sales, the demand for replacement parts for frequently repaired components like GMC tail lights have continued to grow.
- Original Equipment Manufacturer or OEM tail lights are assemblies that were manufactured by an automaker’s official exterior lighting supplier. In the case of GMC, these lights are designed and manufactured in-house under the GMC Lighting Studio.
- OE replacement or aftermarket tail lights are made by any other parts manufacturer that are not included in GMC’s network of suppliers.
- Aftermarket GMC tail lights are designed to function exactly the same. There are also instances where they function better than OEM.
- The cost of an OE replacement GMC tail lamp assembly ranges between $9 to $775. These are sold individually, in sets of two, or as part of a kit.
General Motors Co. is one of the most successful auto manufacturers of all time. Headquartered in Detroit, Michigan, the company is responsible for manufacturing well-known vehicles under brands such as Cadillac, Chevrolet, Buick, and GMC. As one of the biggest automakers in terms of sales, the demand for replacement parts for frequently repaired components like GMC tail lights have continued to grow.
Who manufactures genuine GMC tail lights?
GMC has a network of over 70 suppliers that manufacture individual parts and systems for their brands. The automaker takes pride in designing and manufacturing its own exterior lighting systems under their GMC Lighting Studio.
What’s the difference between OEM and OE replacement tail lights?
Original Equipment Manufacturer or OEM tail lights are assemblies that were manufactured by an automaker’s official exterior lighting supplier. In the case of GMC, these lights are designed and manufactured in-house under the GMC Lighting Studio. Because these parts carry the GMC brand, their availability is limited to authorized dealerships and parts retailers. OEM parts will also typically cost you more.
OE replacement or aftermarket tail lights are made by any other parts manufacturer that are not included in GMC’s network of suppliers. Does this make them of lower quality? Absolutely not. At the minimum, they are designed to function exactly the same. There are also instances where they function better than OEM. A direct-fit replacement will not void your vehicle’s car or truck’s warranty.
There are also cases where they work better than OEM parts. The biggest advantage of choosing aftermarket tail lights is that you have a wider variety of brands to choose from at very competitive price points.
Are aftermarket GMC tail lights as good as OEM?
The short answer is yes—if sourced from a reputable parts retailer such as CarParts.com. Like with any item you purchase in-store or online, the quality of the product will depend on the manufacturer. At CarParts.com, we make sure that every item in our catalog is hand-picked and tested for quality by industry professionals so you get the right part, a guaranteed fit, within a reasonable timeline.
How much do GMC tail lights cost to replace?
The cost of replacing GMC tail lights will depend on your vehicle’s specific model year. For instance, 2006 GMC Sierra tail lights may cost less than parts for the 2011 model. Generally speaking, the cost of OE replacement GMC tail lamp assemblies range between $9 to $775. These are sold individually, in sets of two, or as part of a kit.
Finding the right fit
Each model year and generation of GMC vehicles carry parts that vary in design and fit. To ensure that you’re getting the right tail lights for your car, use our website’s built-in vehicle selector. Simply plug in your vehicle’s year, model, and make to filter the results to all compatible parts.
Getting the Correct GMC Tail Light: Some Pointers to Bear in Mind
As a part of the lighting system, a fully functional tail light is important to ensure safety of the passengers, other motorists, and pedestrians. If a tail light in your ride is broken, it increases your chance of getting involved in a rear collision, which is quite a hassle and costly as well. Whether for customization or replacement purposes, suppliers offer a wide assortment of tail lights, so you'll surely get one that's perfect for your ride. Here are some helpful tips in choosing the best GMC tail light for your vehicle:
Main types of vehicle tail lights
Before buying a new set of tail lights, you have to verify first if the ones you are planning to purchase are legal in your residing country or state, as some locations prohibit certain colors such as red, green, and blue. Always check first to avoid spending bucks for tail lights that you can't use legally on the road. Below are the main types of lights to help you select the appropriate ones for your GMC:
- Halogen tail light: This is the most commonly used type of vehicle light as well as the oldest kind of vehicle light bulb available in the market. This incandescent light is designed with small amount of halogen gas stored in the space inside the bulb; when the bulb is lighted up, halogen cycle is created. Compared to other types of automotive light, the halogen light is smaller and can give off brighter illumination.
- Xenon tail light: Since 1991, this light has been used in vehicle headlights, blinkers, and rear lights. The Xenon light is a high-density discharge light that produces a powerful, bright illumination in a short span of time. Because it can deliver illumination immediately upon start-up, the xenon tail light is ideal for automotive use. This light achieves its full intensity within 20 to 30 seconds after starting the vehicle. Instead of a filament, the Xenon light uses an electric arc to give off light.
- LED (light-emitting diode): This is the newest type of illumination that started to gain popularity in the automotive world after the year 2000. The LED tail light consists of groups of little LEDs clustered together to produce a bright light. This type of light uses minimal energy, is cost-efficient, and lasts for a long time. Because it is still relatively new in the vehicle lighting system, some LED tail lights may not work without the appropriate fittings.
Other things to consider
To customize your GMC tail light, you may opt for Euro lights. This type of rear light offers clear or slightly tinted exterior lenses and colored bulbs. Considered as a fashionable aftermarket personalization, some Euro tail light models are designed in chrome or fitted with protectors to shield the acrylic. Always take note of your vehicle make, model, year, or edition first before finalizing any purchase. By so doing, you can avoid wasting any money or effort and save yourself from the hassles and inconveniences of purchasing the wrong product.