Do’s and Don’ts in Buying an Under Seat Storage Container
Whether you are an avid outdoorsman or a soccer mom, an under seat storage container can be a godsend. Designed to fit underneath the seats of most trucks and SUVs, the under seat storage bin can provide much-needed additional space for fishing gear, tools, sports equipment, or any other cargo that you can think of. So for those with active lifestyles, this accessory is definitely a must-have.
Today, many retailers stock under seat storage options of all kinds for you to choose from. And in this guide, we will share with you some do's and don'ts when buying these accessories.
- DO buy a container that is compatible with your vehicle. Ideally, you should purchase a container that is custom-fit to the exact make and model of your ride. Universal under seat storage bins tend to be cheaper, but they also tend to have fitment issues that in turn to rattling noises or even the container sliding across the carpet when driving. You won't have such problems if you buy a custom-fit storage bin.
- DO buy a container with an anti-slip coating. Though they do cost a bit more, under seat storage containers coated with anti-slip compounds reduce the amount of shifting of tools and other objects inside, reducing noise as well as damage to the cargo and the container itself.
- DO buy a container with detachable dividers. Dividers can make it easier for you to organize the items stored in your container, minimizing clutter as well as reducing noise. If you are going to store larger objects, you can simply remove the dividers for more space.
- DON'T buy a container without a locking mechanism. This is especially true if you plan on storing valuable items in it. Even if you live in and drive in a safe neighborhood, it's always best to be safe than sorry.
- DON'T buy a container that can't be opened easily. This is why it is recommended to test out the container before buying. As a rule of thumb, you should buy a container that you can easily open with one hand.
- DON'T buy a container without a warranty. High quality under seat storage manufacturers typically offer lifetime warranties for their products, offering replacements for containers that are rendered unusable after normal wear and tear.