A1 Cardone Axle Assembly Review
Axles are integral to all automobiles because they transmit driving torque to the wheels. They also maintain the wheels’ position relative to each over and vehicle’s body. However, when you hear a loud clanking sound coming from the front of your car and when you feel vibrations as you drive, then you know that something’s gone wrong. The process of replacing the axle assembly isn’t all that difficult. In fact, looking for a replacement may be harder thing to do. If you need a little help in that department, then you’re in luck because we recently changed our 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GT’s axle assembly. We tried one of the products out there, and here’s what we have to say about it:
A1 Cardone axle assembly features:
- Newly-manufactured original equipment replacement for front-wheel drive vehicles
- Made of neoprene boots and rolled splines for constant velocity type joints
- Can be installed at the passenger’s side of a vehicle’s front
- Lubricated with moly grease
- Includes a new axle nut
- Sold individually with a lifetime A1 Cardone limited warranty
- A1 Cardone’s condensers are priced quite affordably. Theirs was one of the lowest rates that we’ve seen online. This newly-manufactured car part came at the same cost as a rebuilt piece and it’s definitely much cheaper than what the dealer was asking.
- While we wouldn’t turn our noses up at something remanufactured, we’re still quite pleased that we got a brand new condenser.
- It seemed very similar to the stock shaft in terms of quality.
- It came with grease for the inner joint while the outer one has already been pre-packed and sealed. These details made the whole installation process a little more convenient for us.
- Ever since we installed the new assembly, the car handles much better and feels much tighter than before.
- Despite coming with an axle nut, the piece that was included with our assembly kit was an incorrect part. Since we couldn’t reuse our old axle nut, we had to buy a new one as well.
- This particular version of A1 Cardone’s axle assembly did not come with inner flange bolts.
This product is imperfect since it didn’t come with the right axle nut and it didn’t include inner flange bolts. Still, we’re quite happy with it because it gives a lot of bang for a few bucks. It may be one of the more buget-friendly condensers out there, but its quality and performance made us quite happy. Finally, we certainly appreciated the pre-packing, sealing, and lubricating of the bearings. If you want to make your life easier by buying an axle assembly, then you could buy this one and a few other components that you need.