A1 Cardone Window Regulator Review
If you're stuck with having to roll down your windows manually just because your car was built that way, then we suggest converting those creaky window handles into power buttons. This can be done with the installation of a window regulator. There are a lot of window regulator brands in the market today. But not all of them can give you efficient performance that makes you think your car was originally fitted with powered windows. So how would you know which regulator would do the job? To find out, we converted our Focus LX's manual windows to powered ones by installing an A1 Cardone Select window regulator.
- OE-style fit
- Brand new
- Designed with extra torque motors
- 100% load tested
- Part includes motor
- Sold individually
- Backed by a 1-year or 18,000-mile A1 Cardone limited warranty
- Since our Focus did not come with power windows, we needed to install a power window controller. The A1 Cardone Window Regulator was a good aftermarket regulator for the job. Even though the Focus didn't come with stock regulator, this part was still a relatively good fit.
- The part works as perfectly as if it was factory installed. So performance-wise, this was a good quality and effecient regulator.
- The lower price of this window regulator is one of the most attractive features of this part. The difference in cost makes the choice of purchasing the A1 Cardone Select a no brainer.
- We still had to modify the part to fit the vehicle. We had a slight issue with the mounting holes lining up on the door. But this is due to the fact that our Focus didn't have power windows as a factory feature.
- The plastic fasteners of the regulator's cable were a bit flimsy. Although they held up well, we were concerned with how long it was going to last.
- The part did not come with any installation instructions. We would have appreciated a guide to help us get through the installation.
- After installation, we also noticed that this part was a little louder than the stock item.
The A1 Cardone window regulator is a good replacement part that is both affordable and of high-quality. It can provide efficient performance for your vehicle's power windows. It can also be used an upgrade for vehicle's that are originally designed with manual windows. This part is fairly easy to modify and making it a fit for most makes and models.