AEM Air Cold Air Intake Review
Your car runs because of the gas combustions that take place in the engine. The cold air intake of your vehicle is responsible for making this happen. It supplies cool air to your engine to initiate not just combustion but also an explosion, resulting in more engine power. In order to get the most out of your car, it’s best that you install a high-quality cold air intake. And to give you an idea on which brand would be worth your money, we tested the AEM Air cold air intake. Here’s what we think:
AEM Air Brute Force air induction system features:
- Has synthetic filter material with dry filter element
- Comes with a heat shield
- Provides power of up to 16.8 hp and 7.1 lb-ft of torque
- Offers up to 99.52% filtration efficiency
- Comes in a polished tube finish
- Includes mounting hardware
- Made of T-6063 aluminum tube material
- Comes with a washable and reusable filter
- Uses mandrel-bent tubing
- Created and assembled in the U.S.A.
- 49-state legal
- Guaranteed AEM warranty for life of the vehicle
Upon testing the AEM Air Brute Force air induction system on our 2010 Chevrolet Tahoe, we noticed these ups and downs:
- The increase in horsepower and torque is readily noticeable upon driving our first few miles.
- Its dry-flow synthetic air filter proves to be highly efficient in fine dust testing and filters dirt as small as one micron.
- Its mandrel-bent tubing is made of aluminum so they’re much lighter than steel.
- There’s no hassle installing it, since this cold air intake mounts to stock holes with no modifications required.
- It produces a deep, throaty sound.
- The included filter can be washed and reused, making a premature replacement unnecessary.
- It has the mounting hardware needed for the installation, so you don’t have to worry about buying them separately.
- It’s a bit expensive compared to other brands, such as Vibrant and Wysco, which offer cheaper options.
- It’s only 49-state legal, so you’ll have to restrict yourself from driving in California.
Therefore we say…
the AEM Air cold aid intake performs its functions well. It does what it promises by producing a noticeable increase in power and torque. It’s also lightweight thanks to its durable aluminum material. So if you’re into a cold air intake that’s both functional and reliable, then we highly recommend the AEM Air cold air intake.