When it comes to your vehicle, you might want the increased performance you would get from a new air intake system - but don't have the time or money needed to completely revamp your system. In the automotive world, there are definite pluses to working in major overhauls of your systems, but sometimes a quicker fix will do just fine.
An Airaid Quick Fit Intake is designed to install in a few minutes by using the factory lower air box instead of replacing it with a new component. This kind of innovation can give you great performance improvements without needing to spend a pile of money or invest an entire weekend in a fix: a quick fit intake means you can afford to amp up your vehicle's power easily and quickly. One of the most important components of an Airaid Quick Fit Intake is its use of Airaid's premium 4+1 SythaFlow series filter, which ensures great air flow and is protected from engine heat by the use of an innovative Cool Air Dam design.
Using an Airaid Quick Fit Intake in your vehicle will still give you great gains in performance: independent testing resulted in a gain of 6 horsepower and 16 ft/lb of torque upon installation of a quick fit system. Plus, you'll be sure to get all the great quality and dependability that come with any Airaid product.
Your Airaid components are protected by the company's "No-Hassle Warranty," meaning they are sure to hold together for years to come.
Airaid Cold Air Intake Review
Designed to supply cold air into your vehicle’s engine, your car’s cold air intake plays a crucial role in running your vehicle. It provides the needed combustion in your engine. Unlike the simple air intake, the cold air intake ensures that your engine receives cool air, leading to an explosion. This results in a stronger power than plain combustion itself. So to get the most out of your ride, it’s best that you install a cold air intake that offers maximum benefits like horsepower and torque increase. To help you with making a decision on which brand to buy, here’s what we have to say upon testing the Airaid cold air intake:
Airaid MXP Series cold air intake features:
- Made of cotton gauze filter material with oiled filter element
- Includes a heat shield
- Comes with a cold air dam
- Offered in a black tube finish
- Made of plastic tube material
- Provides power of 12 up to 18 hp
- Offers up to 820 CFM
- Has up to 99.99% filtration efficiency
- Comes with a washable and reusable
- 50-state emissions legal
- Proudly made in the USA
- Covered by a lifetime Airaid limited warranty
We tested the Airaid MXP Series cold air intake on our 2011 Honda Civic and noticed these benefits and drawbacks:
- There’s a noticeable increase in acceleration and engine power upon driving for the first few miles.
- Its oiled, cotton gauze filter delivers maximum air flow and filtration.
- The included filter can easily be cleaned and reused, saving you some bucks from buying a new one.
- It’s a direct fit product, so there’s no need for drilling or cutting or any other modifications; it installs easily and quickly using a few simple tools.
- It keeps the mass of air flow balanced, allowing your car to have an appropriate air-fuel ratio.
- It’s 50-state legal, so you can drive anywhere you want without worrying about getting a ticket.
- It’s a bit pricey compared to other brands, such as Bolton Premiere and Spyder, which carry cheaper price tags.
- To use this cold air intake, you’ll have to change the factory air box as well.
Therefore we say…
For power-conscious users, the Airaid MXP series cold air intake would be the way to go. It’s powerful and reliable, giving your ride an added boost in acceleration and engine power. As a direct fit, all you need to do is to put out the old one and replace it with this new cold air intake. It’s that easy. So if you’re into a cold air intake that’s worth your precious money, then we recommend the Airaid MXP series cold air intake.