Airtex Fuel Pump Review
A wise old friend of ours once said that a car is on borrowed time when the fuel pump starts to emit weird high-pitched sounds that are different from its usual. So, we knew that when our pump started whining that we should go look for a replacement as soon as possible. We knew that it was quicker to search for products online than to go around the dealership and auto shops in our area, so that’s what we did. One of the products we found online was the Airtex fuel pump. Here’s what we have to say about it:Airtex fuel pump features:
- A new fuel pump located in-tank
- An original equipment replacement with a rollervane mechanism
- Operates electrically
- Sold individually with a one-year Airtex limited warranty
We didn’t like…
- The price was the best that we could find online. We decided to purchase the product because of it.
- The packaging that the product came in was durable and it survived a very quick delivery.
- The removal of the old parts seemed to go well since we knew what we were doing. We soaked all the parts with penetrating oil overnight before installing the new pump.
- It could pump around 50 gallons per hour of fuel, which seems just fine to us since we’re running on low pressure for most of the time.
- Even though its highly recommended that fuel filters be replaced with fuel pumps, this product didn’t come with the filter as well. We had to buy those separately.
- The pump did not come with a fuel sending unit and a pressure sensor. It was only the motor and a few other components.
- People who are installing this pump for the first time might become confused during the process.
- Despite the fact that it seems to work fine, the pump was actually quite noisy. We think it was designed this way.
- They don’t work as well in higher pressure situations.
While we wouldn’t recommend this product for vehicles that are involved in high pressure situations, we wouldn’t disregard it completely. If you’re looking for a original equipment replacement for a low-pressure vehicle, then an Airtex fuel pump could be the part for you. As long as you’re willing to put in the work required and the necessary patience, you could gain a new pump at the fraction of the cost that a dealership will quote you on.