Anzo Headlight Assembly: A Look into the Different Headlight Designs
Choosing the right brand of headlights for your vehicle is like buying a pair of shoes-you have to make sure that the assembly fits in nicely for better performance. When it comes to front exterior lighting on vehicles, the Anzo headlight assembly is one of the most trusted in the field. Whether Anzo's reputation is brought by its earnest commitment to high-quality headlights or is a result of consumer hype, it pays to know the real score before settling for a pair of headlight assemblies.
- What makes them superior: Unlike regular headlights, which produce a diffused lighting on the road, projector-type headlights provide stronger and concentrated light beams. These allow drivers to see the road more clearly, thanks to the stronger beams of lights, but without necessarily blinding oncoming motorists. Moreover, the assembly gives vehicles a clean and symmetrical look. This type of assembly can be expensive; however, the price is worth is if you're after long-lasting and high-quality lighting.
- Where they fit: Projector-type headlights are perfect for any type of automobile. They are great for any automobile that needs a little bit of oomph on the front fascia.
Crystal diamond-cut design
- What makes them superior: The crystal diamond-cut design on some Anzo headlights give vehicles a fierce, custom look. As suggested by the name, this assembly features diamond-cut lenses that give off a uniquely stylish and bright prismatic beam pattern. Although they're made for giving vehicles a modified look, the crystal-diamond cut Anzo headlight assembly wouldn't cost an arm and leg-it's less expensive compared to the projector- and multi-reflector designs.
- Where they fit: This headlight assembly is perfect for street racing cars and larger vehicles that require a bespoke styling.
- What makes them superior: A multi-reflector type of headlight features a dual focal length parabolic cylinder construction, which allows the light to reflect or bounce off, creating a stronger or brighter emission. This type of headlight reflects the light better, giving drivers a better visual of the road at night and on foggy days.
- Where they fit: This headlight assembly fits all kinds of vehicles.
Setting the Record Straight on the Anzo Headlight Assembly Performance
Anzo's main tag line "Don't Get Left in the Dark" has become the battle cry of many drivers who are in search for the best headlight assembly for their vehicles. With many raving about how great Anzo products are, especially the projector-type headlights, it's hard not to jump on the bandwagon, and see if the claims were true. Will the Anzo headlight assembly deliver optimal road lighting as promised, or will it disappoint just as many other brands do. Read the ratings below to find out more:
How well does it perform? (5/5 stars)
The one thing that sets a projector-type headlight assembly from a regular one is its ability to produce concentrated beams of light on the road. With a regular headlight assembly, you'll only get diffused illumination-not sufficient for you to see everything that's a few meters ahead of you. Anzo has dealt with that issue quite efficiently by manufacturing a projector-type headlight assembly. In addition to the strong lighting, this Anzo headlight also doesn't fog up too easily. That's a very crucial aspect to any lighting assembly, since fogged-up headlights significantly decrease illumination on the road. Because of those features, this Anzo headlight assembly is given five out of five stars for performance and efficiency.
Is it easy to install? (4/5 stars)
A true direct-fit, this Anzo headlight assembly provides an easy plug-and-play type of installation. For that, this assembly is given five out of five stars. It's worth noting, however, that you need to remove the grille from your vehicle before you can mount the assembly. The grille work is the difficult part, but for the mounting of the assembly itself, everything is a breeze.
Is it worth the price? (4/5 stars)
If spending almost a thousand bucks on a pair of headlamps gives you a heart attack, then this Anzo headlight assembly probably isn't the one for you. However, given its topnotch performance and durability, this pair of headlights will be worth every single dollar you'd spend. This pair of lights cast strong beams that make driving at night so much easier-and they don't fog up easily. For those reasons, this Anzo headlight assembly gets four out of five stars.
Overall rating: 4/5
Anzo Headlight Review
Driving safely at night or along dark, unlit roads requires having a high-quality headlight. Your car’s headlight enables you to see the road clearly. In addition, it lets other drivers nearby know of your presence, where exactly you are driving on the road. This prevents collisions and other road accidents caused by the lack of sufficient lighting on either the vehicle or the surrounding. To ensure that this doesn’t happen, it’s a must that you choose the best headlight suited for your car. It’s not an easy task, considering the numerous headlight brands out there. That is why we’ve tested the Anzo headlight for you, and here’s what we have to say:
Anzo headlight features
- Available in composite type
- Made with a crystal, diamond cut design
- Comes with headlight bulbs
- Has a plastic, crystal clear lens
- Computer-designed to maximize safety
- Manufactured with OEM-style weather-tight connections
- Uses an advanced CCFL technology
- Approved by DOT and SAE
- Covered by a one-year Anzo limited warranty
We rolled out our 2009 Ford Explorer and tested the Anzo headlight; here’s what we found out:
- It’s quick and easy to install; we used only simple, non-expensive tools.
- Its sleek design adds a stylish look on our Explorer.
- Its light is bright and highly efficient; it doesn’t drain our battery.
- It gives out a stronger beam compared to our stock headlight.
- It resists water and moisture; we tried pouring water on the headlight continuously, and no amount of water penetrated it.
- The Anzo headlight endures our Explorer’s excessive vibrations; it didn’t get damaged even after we tried running on rough roads.
- The price is well worth it; it’s cheaper than other headlight brands like IPCW and APC.
- There are no instructions included in the package, which is crucial for beginner DIYers. But the installation is easy for those familiar with the vehicle’s lighting system.
- It’s difficult adjusting the headlight due to the lack of aiming instructions.
Anzo headlights produce an outstanding beam, resulting in a bright and clear light while driving on the road. Aside from offering safety to you and to others around you, it’s also easy to install. Its plug- and-play design is suited for anyone wanting to have a quick headlight installation. Moreover, the Anzo headlight is resistant to water and moisture, resulting in a longer service life.