Aries Nerf Bars Review
If you race on dirt roads hardcore, then make sure you do not nerf with your competitors. That kind of collision will indeed release your adrenaline, but it will also make your car airborne if your wheel hits your rival’s. Decrease the possibility of danger when you race by installing quality nerf bars. This add-on allows you to perform successful passes without damaging the sides of the car, and of course, it prevents tire contact and entanglement. But if you only have an SUV or an off-road truck, then nerf bars will provide a safe step on the sides of your vehicle and will serve as side bull bars. Whatever purpose you have for this component, make sure to get one from a good brand like Aries. However, before purchasing a unit, let us first see if this brand’s product has the specs you want.
- Made of stainless steel
- With four molded step pads
- Sold in set of two
- Cab coverage
- With 3-inch-diameter tubes
- Requires no drilling
- Carries a lifetime Aries limited warranty
We tested this component on a Hyundai Veracruz and a Renault Duster, and here is what we have to say:
- The nerf bars looked good despite the little imperfection at the ends of the bars. The ends should have been round and not bent, but that was fine because the construction was neatly done.
- The component had a clean polish. The bars had no scratches on them when we took them out of the package.
- The step pads looked good and were thick enough; they would surely provide a non-skid step to the inside of the vehicles.
- After the installation, we took a few steps away in order to see how the nerf bars looked. They provided a good clearance from the bottom of the car body, they were not rubbing against the wheels, and they were definitely visually appealing.
- We had quite a challenge in installing the component on the Veracruz and the Duster because the holes that held the unit to the brackets were drilled out of place. Thus, we had to have one of us step on the component while we tightened the nerf bars on each side. The component looked a little lower on the rear of the vehicles.
- The instructions that came with the product did not point out clearly which part should be installed on what side of the vehicle.
With its price in the middle of the spectrum, these Aries nerf bars are definitely worth your money. They look good, install just right, and have more positive reviews from other car owners. Just make sure to determine first which piece goes on what side of the vehicle in order to prevent installation hassles.