Arnott Air Spring Review
No matter how you love your truck or SUV, there will come a time when you will need to tow or haul heavy loads. How can you just say no to a close friend or someone in your family who asks you to help them in moving out? After all, that is what, as many people believe, your truck is made for. If that time comes and you want to be ready for the many other times when you’ll be doing some hauling and towing, an air suspension can help you pull that off, making your truck able to tow with comfort and safety.
If you’ve already upgraded to air suspension and you’re now looking for replacement air springs, allow us to help you. We’ve tested out the Arnott air spring in our ride, and here’s what we have to say:
- Heavy-duty air spring
- Sold individually
- Includes o-ring seal kit
- State-of-the-art tapered bladder
- Matches with OE air lines with no modifications
- New VOSS air fitting
- Features high-grade, CNC-machined crimping rings
- Includes detailed installation manual
- Backed by Arnott’s lifetime limited warranty
- Made from high-impact plastic resin and aircraft-grade aluminum
- Engineered and assembled in the USA
- We’re so thankful that we’ve chosen this design that comes with CNC-machined crimping rings, as they were able to hold the air spring assembly together. A mechanic friend told us that this is a great choice compared to the loose-fitting original air spring design.
- Two thumbs up for the very detailed installation manual that comes along with the springs, as it provided us with the step-by-step guide in doing the installation properly.
- Product incompatibility is never an issue for us because this Arnott air spring lived up to its promise of being compatible with OE air lines—it fits well without a need for any modifications.
- We also appreciate the O-ring seal kit that comes with it, which means we can achieve better seal as the o-ring supplied is surely the perfect match for the spring.
- The only drawback we saw with our choice is, it doesn’t come complete with all the necessary installation hardware. Our DIY project would have been faster and easier if the hardware is already supplied along with the air spring and its o-ring seal kit.
- Compared to other air springs made by other brands, this one’s a bit costly.
The bottom line
If what you need for your ride is a replacement for your old air spring, this one’s an excellent choice. But if you’re upgrading to air suspension, you’d better get this air spring along with a conversion kit. Nevertheless, we can say that this Arnott product is a good buy. It matches OE air lines and other suspension components it need to work hand in hand with, so product incompatibility will never be an issue with your ride.