A Guide to Purchasing Your Own Blower Switch Knob
A blower switch knob is an important component of your blower and A/C (Air Conditioner) or HVAC (Heaver, Ventilation, and Air Conditioner) system. It's the knob or switch that helps your blower regulate the temperature of your car, whether you want it hot during a cold and frosty morning or cool during a hot summer day. It's the knob that allows you to operate your blower. It lets you turn it on, select the desired temperature, and turn it off once it's cold or hot enough for your tastes.
Blower Switch Knob Purchasing Recommendations
- Buying a Duplicate: The easiest way to get the right blower switch knob replacement is to choose a duplicate switch with the same specs and part number as your compromised component. The aftermarket route or online route is much cheaper because it's easier to get the part you're looking for with the right specs and part numbers. Usually, when you're buying an aftermarket part, there's a list of car makes and models it's supposed to fit with, so check the list if your vehicle matches any of them.
- Check the Specs: Your HVAC should also have all the rights features and benefits for your HVAC needs, which means you should familiarize yourself with the specs of the system before acquiring a replacement. Your blower control knob should at least be OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) standard and showcase perfect responsiveness with the system in question. Then again, you can use a knob close to the knob you lost if it's a generic knob that promises compatibility with your car.
- Numbers to Help You Buy a Duplicate: There are product numbers you can look up in a database or through the Internet (with proper fitment data from your car) in order to get the exact knob you're looking for. For example, there exists serial numbers for the temp control dial, the fan control dial, and even the HVAC unit in question in case you want to get a duplicate replacement post-haste.
- A/C System Compatibility: Aside from ensuring that your blower switch knob is compatible with your year, make, and model of car, you should also search for a product that's also compatible with the rest of your A/C parts. The knob should work hand-in-hand with various other air conditioner and heater components. Know the mounting type, terminal type (pin or blade type as well as pin and blade type) and number of terminals of the component.
- Reasonable Price: You can acquire a control knob for your HVAC blower needs for as little as $30 or as much as $220. It depends on where you buy the knob, whether you're getting an assembly kit or units that are sold separately, or whether you're buying from one site to another. You can reduce costs by going the ecommerce or online shopping route as well because e-shops deal with fewer overhead costs, thus enabling them to price their wares competitively.
What to Expect from Blower Switch Knob Purchases
It's a hassle to have a busted knob because you'll have no control over your vehicle's HVAC blower regardless of the weather outside. The blower helps spread out the coolness or hotness of your HVAC system without costing you too much battery power or coolant. There are many options available when it comes to getting a quality blower switch knob.