Bosch Oil Filter Review
In order for your car to function properly, you need to keep its oil as pure as possible. Any contamination may cause the whole system to get damaged and even affect other parts of your vehicle. That is why it’s important to have a high-quality oil filter installed on your car. It removes impurities from all sorts of oil in the vehicle’s systems such as lubricating oil, engine oil, transmission oil, etc. Aside from filtering contaminants, the oil filter also allows efficient burning of fuel, resulting in an enhanced performance. To help you choose the perfect oil filter, here’s what we think about the Bosch Premium Cartridge oil filter:
Bosch Premium Cartridge oil filter features:
- Sold individually
- Available as an OE replacement
- Made from a blend of natural and synthetic materials
- Features 42% larger filtering area than conventional filters
- Uses almost 30% thicker filter media
- Equipped with FILTECH media technology
- Comes with a silicone anti-drain back valve
- Traps 99% of toxic contaminants
- Suitable for standard or synthetic motor oils
- Covered by a 12-month or 12,000-mile limited warranty against factory defects in material and workmanship.
We tried the Bosch Premium Cartridge oil filter on our 2011 Ford F-250 and found the following ups and downs:
- You can enjoy superior oil filtration and an increased protection of the engine from wear and damage, thanks to this oil filter’s combination of natural and synthetic materials.
- You’ll notice that it screens out more hazardous contaminants than a regular oil filter.
- Its FILTECH media technology makes it durable and reliable, resulting in a longer service life compared to regular oil filters.
- Its larger filtering area allows for more contaminants to be separated from your car’s precious oils.
- It’s suitable for either standard or synthetic motor oil, so we didn’t worry about the oil filter’s compatibility with our 2011 F-250’s oil.
- It’s more expensive compared to other oil filter brands such as Denso, Hengst, and Installer Edge.
- Its warranty coverage would be better if it was extended to more than one year.
The Bosch Premium Cartridge oil filter delivers superb oil filtration compared to standard oil filters. This is thanks to its larger filtering area and thicker filter media, allowing the oil filter screen out more dirt and debris. So if you’re into an oil filter that’s functional and suitable to any type of motor oil, then we suggest you try the Bosch Premium Cartridge oil filter.