Bosch Wiper Blade Review
If you're a little obsessive about your car like we are, then you'll know how annoying it is to have a dirty windshield. However, sometimes it pays to be obsessive, especially when it comes to driving a car in unpredictable roads and weather conditions. That is why having a good and efficient wiper blade can help boost your safety while driving. To find out which wiper blade can give superior cleaning for your car’s windshield, we've installed a set of Bosch ICON wiper blades on our 2003 BMW 325i and had it go through simulated tests and highway driving.
- Frameless, aerodynamic construction with black finish
- Made from an exclusive dual rubber compound with an additional flexible soft layer
- Precision-tensioned dual steel springs
- OE-replacement fit
- Available in sets of 2
- Backed by a 1-year limited warranty from Bosch
- The part was a perfect match to the original wiper blade. Its OE-fit made the Bosch wiper blade very easy to install.
- Upon installing the Bosch wiper blades, our BMW's look significantly improved. It made the car’s windshield wiper look very sharp and durable.
- After conducting a few tests on the efficiency of the blades, we observed that its aerodynamic shape secures the blade firmly in place—making it really effective in getting water off our BMW's windshield. No smearing or streaking was seen during these simulated tests.
- We test-drove the BMW two weeks after the installation of the Bosch wiper blades . During the drive, we noticed that the blades sit low and tight on the windshield, which eliminated the occurrence of the wipers skipping or chattering at highway speeds.
- The part also worked well in removing bugs from our vehicle's windshield when used with the window washer fluid.
- Although the installation of this part was virtually hassle-free, no installation instructions were included. It would have been helpful if the wiper blades came with detailed directions.
- The Bosch wiper blades didn't have the original hook-ups or mounting hardware as the BMW’s stock. The plastic piece that holds the entire assembly to the blade looks very flimsy and delicate.
- The part is not that durable as compared to other wiper blade brands. It performs its best for the first 60 days, but after a month or two we gradually noticed streaking and smearing in the glass. It was also starting to leave behind hairline streaks on the windshield.
- It is very expensive. But this is partly due to the fact that these blades are only sold in pairs.
The Bosch wiper blade is a good investment for your vehicle's safety, especially during bad weather. While there are a lot of wiper blades brands that could promise longevity and long-term durability, the ones from Bosch emphasize cleaner wiping performance in any kind of weather—from rain to snow. They also give off a slightly improved appearance on your car's wipers. These wiper blades are recommended for vehicles that often drive through treacherous rain or snow. They can boost up visibility while on the road without leaving any annoying streaks behind. Although you should expect to pay more for a Bosch wiper blade, the on-road safety it provides is an expense you should be willing to pay extra for.