FAQs—Dodge Carpet Kit
- I usually order fries from drive-thrus and eat in my car. That’s why there’s a lot of grease stains on my carpet. What can be a good cleaning solution for this? I’m looking for an alternative to the usual carpet cleaner since it didn’t work the last time.
Try using cornmeal. Treat the stained area with this and leave it on overnight. Another solution is paint thinner. This can be used to scrub off the grease. You will only need a small amount of this; don’t soak the carpet in thinner. Sprinkling salt on the stain may also help. Once the stain is already removed using any of these, remember to vacuum the carpet after.
- My brother borrowed my car, and I’m not happy to find some coffee stains on my carpet after he returned it. What’s a good coffee stain remover? I’m leaning more towards home solutions.
If the coffee spill is still quite fresh, you can clean it up using cool water and a clean rag or paper towel. This may do the trick, especially if the spill or stain hasn’t gone too deep. You may also try pouring some drops of beer to scrub away the stain. If the stain has been there for a while, it may be harder to remove. Another option you have is glass cleaner. Let this sit for around 5 minutes.
- There’s some foul smell inside my car, and it seems to be coming from the carpet. What would be a good option other than a carpet deodorizer?
Baking soda can be an effective solution for getting rid of that funky smell on your car’s carpet. You just have to dust this over the carpet and brush the carpet lightly until the baking soda goes deep into the fibers. Let this sit till overnight or even several days if the foul odor is that bad. You can sprinkle more as needed. Remember to vacuum the carpet or sweep it to remove the baking soda.
- My brother bought me my Dodge carpet kit. It used to have rich colors, but now, some parts seem to be fading. How can I fix the faded portions on the carpet?
Ammonia can be used to fix and prevent fading. Just mix half a cup of ammonia with a pint of water. Treat the faded parts with this mixture using a sponge or sponge mop. This mixture, however, isn’t good for wool. To be safe, you have to test it first on the less visible parts of the carpet to see if the material will react negatively. If not, then you may use the mixture to preserve the color.
- I need a good spot cleaning solution. I want my carpet to smell clean, but I can’t get it cleaned at a nearby shop all the time. I want to save some money. Any suggestions?
Vinegar is a good home solution. Just mix 1 tbsp. of plain white vinegar with 2 cups of warm water and 1 tbsp. of dish soap. This mixture can be used as a spray. You may sprinkle some baking soda on the carpet before spraying the solution. Just make sure that this will be vacuumed afterwards. The solution has to sit for a while. Remove stains with a good scrub. Clean off the solution and allow the carpet to dry fully.
- I’ve tried sprinkling baking soda on my carpet to remove the nasty odor. It worked the first time. But now, the foul smell still lingers. What else can I try as a remedy?
Use plain white vinegar. Spray this on the carpet or wipe it using a cloth. This may help get rid of the bacteria that’s been causing the bad odor. Let the solution sit for about 15 minutes. No matter how bad the smell is, you don’t have to get your carpet soaked in vinegar. Afterwards, you have to clean the treated area with water spray or through blotting. The carpet should be allowed to dry completely.
- I want a new carpet for my Mini, and I want something durable but still soft. Any tip? I’m not sure what to look for.
Look for a carpet that’s made using top-quality fibers. This will be better than the standard vehicle carpet. Really good ones can help trap dirt and absorb liquid easily. There is a wide set of plush carpeting that you can always look into. The best ones don’t get torn easily even if they’re soft, though they’re pricier. Custom-fit carpet kits can be your best bet when it comes to fit and quality.