These days, there isn't much of a price gap between vehicles with manual transmissions and automatic transmissions. Chances are, if you own a vehicle with a manual transmission, you know the value of a good clutch, and the extra power it can afford you while you're driving. To get the most from your clutch, you will want the best quality components, and you will find them with the Centerforce DFX clutch.
Centerforce is a proven leader in clutch technology, relied on by professional drivers around the world. The DFX clutch represents the highest performance and quality standards around, with high-tech engineering and design that is built to handle the huge horsepower and torque outputs today's engines are capable of producing with ease. The power of the Centerforce DFX clutch is evident from the first time you drive with one.
Built with a patented and competition proven ball bearing pressure plate design, the DFX clutch delivers optimal performance. With all the available performance modifications for modern engines and diesel engines, most stock clutch kits just aren't up to the challenge. You can rely on the Centerforce DFX clutch to hold up under the most grueling conditions and keep on performing for many miles.
The DFX clutch is made with a billet steel pressure plate that exceeds specifications for maximum safety and performance. The next time you experience clutch slippage or clutch judder, don't settle for stock when you can boost your manual power and get the same performance and durability enjoyed by racers and pros everywhere from Centerforce clutch components.
Centerforce Series: Dual Friction
How is your clutch doing these days? A clutch that judders, slips, or is just plain worn out can cause you no end of frustration and diminish your driving experience. If you are looking to replace the clutch on your truck, SUV, or high performance vehicle, you can skip those stock components and head straight for the top of the line with a Centerforce Dual Friction clutch.
Specially designed for high-power, high-output engines, the Dual Friction clutch is a precision engineered clutch and disc set that puts real power at your disposal. It is also perfect for four-wheel drive vehicles, or any vehicle that has been modified or significantly altered for high street performance. The Centerforce Dual Friction clutch puts out huge power boosts, with the ability to generate up to a 90 percent increase over stock clutch systems for holding capacity.
You may have wondered whether installing a performance clutch will create shifting difficulties in your system. Fortunately, the Dual Friction clutch gives you light pedal pressure and smooth engagement, with no performance compromise. These components will feel like a brand new clutch every time you drive, through many miles of performance.
The Centerforce Dual Friction clutch places all that horsepower and torque your heavy-duty or modified engine is capable of at your disposal. To get the most from your manual transmission and leave the woes of clutch wear and tear behind, install a Dual Friction clutch in place of your old stock system and feel the Centerforce difference.
Centerforce Clutch Kit Review
One very important component of your transmission is the clutch. This part is responsible for transmitting power from the engine to the transmission, which in turn causes your car to move. The whole time your car is operated, the clutch (connected to the transmission) and the flywheel (connected to the engine) contact from time to time. Because of the friction surface each part has, the rotational motion produced is transformed into linear motion, which explains why your car moves forward. When the clutch is worn, it is normal to experience clutch slip, clutch noise, and clutch grabbing. But you should replace this part immediately in order to drive your car better. There are a lot of brands out there that manufacture clutches and clutch kits, and one that you might try is Centerforce. But before you purchase its Dual Friction unit, let us first see its specs and performance.
- With carbon composite disc
- Sprung hub type
- New component
- Comes with a throw-out bearing and an alignment tool
- Without a flywheel
- With diaphragm pressure plate
- Comes with a 90-day Centerforce limited warranty
We tested this component on 2002 Honda City and a 2005 Mitsubishi Galant, and here is what we have to say:
- The component generally looked good. It had the right specifications for the size of the input spline, input shaft diameter, and disc diameter. The six-paddle disc style was well done, the clutch itself looked well-machined, and even the throw-out bearing seemed to have undergone some precise engineering.
- We installed this component for only an hour for each car. Afterwards, we drove the two cars to see if there would be any difference in pedal feel and driving performance. After the break-in period, we felt that the clutch pedals of the City and the Galant were more powerful. Gripping power, engagement distance, and shifting all seemed to have improved. We generally had a smoother ride with this clutch.
- The centrifugal weights helped driving at higher rpm easier.
- When we pressed on the clutch pedal of the Galant, we heard a sound as if something was being drilled. A rattling noise was also there during idle. Moreover, at 3000 rpm, we had some vibration, which would become worse as rpm increased. The problem definitely bothered us, so we decided to take a look at the unit. The center of the clutch looked as if it had been burned.
The price of this product is just acceptable, but the warranty is not that enticing. We are also concerned about the negative reviews online, saying that the unit makes too much noise and the friction material wears prematurely. It is actually for you to discover the true value of this product, but if we base the decision from out test, this Centerforce clutch kit is already a good replacement that can satisfy ordinary drivers.