FAQs—Dodge Dash Cover
Use a vacuum to get rid of dust and tiny particles such as crumbs and dirt on the cover. You may wash the cover using warm water. This usually does the trick. Don’t use cleaning solutions with harsh chemicals as these might ruin the material of the dash cover.
A suede dash cover is typically made of synthetic materials. This cover gives the car interior a touch of luxury. So if you’re looking for more other than basic dashboard protection, this can be a great option for you. If you love how suede looks and feels, then you’re ready to take the next step, choosing the color you want for your cover.
A carpet cover is the best choice for keeping the dashboard safe from spills and moisture. The soft layers of material will provide utmost protection. It also helps keep away dirt from settling on the dashboard and the sun’s UV rays from ruining the surface. If you’re looking for plush comfort and want the interior to appear more luxurious, a velour dash cover could offer you this.
One good way to prevent discoloration on your Dodge dash cover is by putting on sun shade on the windshield. This will keep the cover safe from fading and wearing out too fast. To get covers that won’t fade easily, look for options that feature UV treatment. But even if you keep the cover blocked from direct sunlight coming through the windshield, this will still fade over time.
If the fasteners won’t stick, one thing you can do is to clean the dashboard. You can wipe the surface clean with rubbing alcohol. You can also clean it using mild detergent. Let the surface dry completely before setting the cover on the dashboard and applying the adhesive or using the fastener. This usually works.
Use soap and water to clean the dashboard and remove the adhesive. You may also use rubbing alcohol. If this doesn’t work, look for an adhesive remover. Choose the right type of remover; make sure that it won’t leave stains or rough spots on the dashboard.
The cover will not only keep dirt and spills away from the dashboard. It can also help disperse heat across the surface. The heat rays coming through the windshield and into the cabin can be dispersed through the layers of material on the cover. Instead of radiating heat all over the cabin, the smooth, less reflective surface of the cover can keep the interior a bit cooler.
A custom-fit dashboard cover will fit the contours of your vehicle’s dashboard perfectly. Since it’s specially designed for a specific vehicle make and model, this will take into account all the components, such as the vents and speakers, that will be covered on the dashboard.
- The dashboard cover on my Dodge has already gathered a lot of dust. There are also spots from dirt everywhere. What’s the best way to clean this cover? I don’t want to throw it in the washer and ruin the material or have it shrink that it no longer fits.
- I have no clue what type of Dodge dash cover to get. I tried looking at the different options, but I don’t know which material to choose. Can you give me the benefits of using a suede dashboard cover or choosing the needle-point carpet type or velour?
- How can I keep my Dodge dash cover from fading? I just replaced the old cover on my dashboard. The cover was old and had lost its vibrant color over time.
- The adhesive of the dashboard cover that I recently bought won’t work. I can drop by the store to have the item replaced, but I don’t want to take the trip if I can still do something about it. What would be a good solution for this?
- I just stripped the old cover off the dashboard. Unfortunately, I’m having a hard time getting the adhesive off the dashboard. What can I do to remove the adhesive completely? I don’t want to leave scratches on the dash.
- I know that the cover can keep dust from collecting around the dashboard and keep spills from ruining the dash and spreading into other parts of the car. But is it true that the cover can make the cabin a little bit cooler as well?
- How can I find a Dodge dash cover that will not just fit the dashboard but also the vents and other components on my vehicle?
Dodge Ram 1500 Dash Cover Buyer's Guide
- A dash cover is an accessory that fits over your dashboard and protects it from damage.
- Using a dash cover prevents the dashboard from drying out, cracking, and fading. It also protects it from dirt and scratches.
- There are two types of dash covers that you can choose for your truck: dash mats and molded dash covers.
- Dash covers are typically sold individually or in sets of two. This accessory may cost you anywhere between $50 and $450.
- Installing a dash cover helps make cleanup easier, protect the resale value of your truck, and improve the look of your vehicle.
Despite being a “young” contender in the pickup segment, the Dodge Ram 1500 has established itself as a tough competitor. Bagging Motor Trend’s ‘Truck of the Year” award several times, it has proven that it’s worthy of going head-to-head with other iconic trucks who have longer histories.
While the Ram 1500 is a venerable workhorse, it’s not completely indestructible. Long hours under the sun can turn your truck into an oven and cause damage to certain materials. To reduce heat and protect your dashboard from sun or heat damage, you’ll need to use a dash cover.
What is a dash cover?
A dash cover is an accessory that fits over your dashboard and protects it from damage. These covers can be made from various materials such as carpet, suede, velour, acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) polymer plastic, and poly-fabric.
What is a dash cover for?
Heat and prolonged exposure to UV rays can cause your Ram 1500’s dashboard to crack or fade. The dash cover helps keep the dashboard cool after driving or parking for long hours under the sun. Using a cover prevents the dashboard from drying out, cracking, and fading.
A cracked dashboard damaged from the heat of the sun emits chemicals that can form a haze on the windshield. Using a dash cover protects your windshield from glare, preventing the gas from damaging the windshield and affecting your road visibility.
Installing a dashboard cover also protects your dash from scratches and dirt, keeping your truck looking clean and new for longer.
Types of Dodge Ram 1500 dash covers
There are two types of dash covers that you can choose for your truck: dash mats and molded dash covers.
A dash mat is a type of cover that is typically made of fabric. These are often held in place by Velcro tabs. Dash mats are easy to install, which allows you to experiment with different materials and styles without breaking the bank.
Molded dash cover
Molded dash caps are custom cut for specific models to perfectly fit the contours of your dashboard. These covers have thermoplastic backing that gives the cover its structure. This type of dash cover can help you achieve a seamless look by concealing existing cracks or holes. These come with strategically placed cutouts for it to not interfere with your truck’s airbags.
Finding the right fit
There have been three generations of Dodge Ram 1500, each generation with parts of varying sizes. To find the right dash cover for your vehicle, enter your truck’s specific year, make, and model into our website’s search engine.
How much is a Dodge Ram 1500 dash cover?
Dash covers are typically sold individually, in sets of two, or as part of a kit, which includes a rear deck cover. This accessory may cost you anywhere between $50 and $450.
Signs you need a dash cover for your truck
Watch out for any faded spots or rifts on the surface of your dashboard. If your dash feels hot to touch after being parked for a while, you probably need a dash cover to protect your interior. Using a dash cover is highly recommended, especially if you don’t have access to covered parking during the summer.
Benefits of using a dash cover
Here are some of the top reasons why you should consider getting a dash cover for your Dodge Ram 1500.
Damaging your dashboard is easy if you use the wrong oils for cleaning. Using the wrong product can cause the material to crack or get discolored. Good thing a dash cover allows the fabric component of the cover to absorb dirt, making it easier to clean without risking permanent damage on your truck. Just vacuum the cover and you’re good to go.
Protect the resale value of your truck
Heat and UV damage can make your truck look older and more beaten up than it is. Using a dash cover creates a barrier that protects your dashboard from harsh sunlight which can dry it out and cause it to crack. Aside from sun damage, the cover also protects your dash from getting scratched or stained.
Improve the look of your vehicle
Used and hand-me-down trucks may have dashboards that have faded over time. Installing a dash cover is a quick and easy way to conceal any discoloration or cracks. You can also match your dash cover with your interiors to further personalize the look of your truck.
To browse through our vast collection of dash covers and other parts for your Dodge Ram 1500, input your truck’s year, make, and model in our website’s search engine.