Denso A/ C Compressor Review
The air-conditioning on your car makes driving around town under the sweltering heat bearable. If you heavily rely on your AC to keep your vehicle and yourself cool, you most likely have encountered some hiccups on your A/C compressor. Selecting a replacement compressor is not easy as choosing a new pair of shoes (although most of us have difficulty on that too). We tested the Denso A/C compressor on our Honda Odyssey to see if it makes any difference on our car’s AC unit.
- OE replacement
- Comes in natural finish
- Clutch included
- With six grooves on pulley
- Sold individually
- Backed by a 12-month Denso limited warranty
What we liked
- This unit is brand-new and not a remanufactured one. That means it hasn’t been tampered. All components inside this compressor have never been used on other compressors before.
- This A/C compressor unit fits the vehicle perfectly. It works much better than our former OEM unit. We appreciate its quiet operation and the lack of vibration during use.
- While installing a new compressor unit is never a walk in the park, we didn’t experience any hitches with this one. Installation alone (not counting the recharging of the AC system) takes only one-and-a-half hours to complete. Rewiring the plug to for the OE harne4ss was easy as long as the instructions for installation are followed.
- It already comes with a clutch, which is a good thing, since we didn’t have to purchase a separate one for this project.
- It helps our A/C unit perform better. With the other compressors we tried, the A/C unit had to work extra hard to cool the vehicle. We noticed a big difference in air-conditioning performance the moment we installed this compressor in our automobile.
What we didn’t like
- It’s slightly more expensive than the other non-remanufactured brands we’ve checked online.
Our final say
Although the Denso A/C compressor is pricier than the other compressors of the same standard, we find its quality unparalleled by its competitors. It improved the cooling capacity of our AC unit, without emitting too much noise or vibration. For those reasons, we feel that every dollar we spent on this compressor is well worth it. We highly recommend this A/C compressor to anyone who wants superior air-conditioning in his or her vehicle.