Denso Oxygen Sensor Review
When it comes to oxygen sensors, the name that has pioneered all of its advancement is Denso. Ever since the development of fuel injection systems, Denso oxygen sensors have been there every step of the way. But what does that say about the performance and quality of these sensors? To find out if they can live up to their history, we've installed a Denso oxygen sensor on our 02 lexus IS300 for a test run.
- High-quality stainless steel with aluminuim oxid trap layer and double protection layer
- Contains Porous PTFE filter
- Meets OE standards; OE fit and design
- Comes with a 12-month Denso limited warranty
- Everything needed for replacement was included with the part, making installation a breeze. The instructions included were very helpful. It provided our team with understandable illustrations to guide us through the entire process.
- It perfectly fits the 02 lexus IS300's B1S1 and B1S2 applications.
- After two weeks of using the new O2 sensor, no check engine light problems due to a cat flow issue were experienced.
- Being an OE part, the Denso Oxygen sensor bolts up nicely with the original wiring/plug. We didn't have to buy a replacement cable to fit the sensor.
- Splicing the wires took a considerable amount of time. Unless you're knowledgeable with wire splicing and electrical installation, we do not recommend DIYing this installation job.
- The shrink-tubing provided for sealing the splices had considerable downtime. It took longer for it to shrink down, tighten up, and be ready for use. We had to wait for a couple of hours just to be sure that the splices were sealed and ready to go.
- This part isn't simply plugged in to get it to work. We had to do minor modifications to ensure effective function.
The Denso oxygen sensor is probably the best kind of sensor for a 02 lexus IS300. Being an OE product, the Denso oxygen sensor has the same specifications as the original part, which ensures the same kind of performance and function. Although its price is a bit steep and installation can get a bit tricky, you will never go wrong with an OE replacement part.