Either be gentle with the door handle, or go with a door handle cover. As tough as your car's door handles may appear, they are still susceptible to damage. Since they frequently come into contact with you and your passengers, scratches are hard to prevent.Blame it on wedding rings, watches, or even keys-any object can cause considerable damage if it impacts the handles with enough force. These handles can even hit trees or the doors of other vehicles when you exert too much force pushing the door open.That's what a door handle cover is for-it protects your car's door handles from the daily grind of opening and closing the doors. Although small, it's a helpful modification to your car's exterior. It not only protects the handles from scratches but adds to your car's overall looks as well.You'll find plenty of these handle covers here at Carparts.
• Made from automotive grade ABS chrome for utmost durability
• Has provisions for a keypad lock
• Pre-applied 3M tape makes installation easy
Door Handle Cover: Buying Tips and Tricks
If you're looking for a simple way to spruce up the exterior of your vehicle, you should consider buying door handle covers. These covers are available in different designs such as chrome and checkered flags and are installed via an adhesive tape to the original vinyl of your car's door handle. But aside from its aesthetic benefits, door covers also protect your vehicle's true door handle from scratches and cracks caused by depreciation or debris. Now, if you're interested to buy door handle covers for your vehicle, then you should consider these tips and tricks so you won't regret your purchase.
Choose the material wisely.
Just like other car parts, door handle covers are now manufactured using different materials. Two of the most common materials used nowadays are plastic and stainless steel. Listed below are some of the major differences between these materials.
- Price: When it comes to price, stainless steel door handle covers are relatively cheaper than plastic ones. If you'll browse a car parts catalog, you'll probably notice that most covers that are made from stainless steel range from 50 to 100 USD while plastic ones cost around 70 to 200 USD. If you're looking for covers that are light on the budget, you should buy the stainless steel type.
- Design: Because it's very difficult and expensive to fabricate and weld stainless steel, most customized door handle covers are made of plastic. So if you're looking for handle covers that resemble bones, an 8-ball, or the American flag, then you should buy plastic door handle covers.
- Quality: In terms of quality, it's a tie between stainless steel and plastic. Stainless steel is a good choice because it doesn't corrode easily. On the other hand, plastic is also ideal because it can last for a long time. So if you're judging handle covers based on material durability, you can choose either stainless steel or plastic.
Choose the best brand.
Some of the famous brands that manufacture door handle covers are Putco, CCI, and APA/URO Parts. However, choosing the best one among these brands can be very troublesome. To make this job easier, always remember that a trustworthy brand provides warranty plans to guarantee that all their products are free from any kinds of defects. Moreover, the brand should be known not only for its high-quality products but for its affordability as well. Always remember that quality and price go hand in hand. If a door handle cover is expensive, then you can bet that its quality is good. Likewise, if the price is too low, then the quality is not that good.
Overall, always think of your budget when it comes to choosing the best brand. Pick the one that offers warranty plans and reasonably priced products. If you'll do this, you'll never go wrong with your choice.
Door Handle Cover: Quick and Easy Installation
Customizing your car not only makes your car look more appealing, it reflects your personality, too. However, though modifying vehicles is very common, it can still be expensive. So if you're in the market for a car customization that is fairly easy on the budget, here's something that you can do-install door handle covers. These covers are attached to the door handles of your vehicle, so they'll look nice and new. But aside from their aesthetic benefits, these covers also protect the door handles. If you're interested to buy and install door handle covers now, this guide will teach you how you can do it in the safety of your own garage.
Difficulty level: Easy
What you'll need:
- Door handle covers
- Rubbing alcohol
Pre-installation tip: Make sure that the door handle covers you bought will fit your car's door handles completely.
Step 1: Park your car somewhere level to ensure that the door handles are not leaning too much on a particular side.
Step 2: Pour some rubbing alcohol on the rag. Once the rag is wet enough, use it to clean fingerprints and other grime on the door handles. Doing this will give you the best door handle cover adhesion.
Step 3: Flip the door handle cover around. Then, peel the protective film off of the adhesive at the back of the cover.
Step 4: Before sticking the cover in place, carefully align it first. Remember that once the cover sticks, it will be difficult to remove again.
Step 5: Once you're sure that the cover is aligned properly, press it firmly. Make sure that it is adhered to the handle completely by unlocking your door a few times. Then, wipe the new door handle cover with a dry rag.
Step 6: Repeat all these steps to install the remaining covers to the other door handles. Once you're done, take your ride for a spin to boast your new door handle covers.