Dorman Air Intake Hose Review
Your vehicle’s air intake system has a direct role in keeping your car’s fuel efficiency and horsepower in good levels. One component of this system that must be in tip-top shape is the air intake hose. This part, which is located between the air filter and the opening of the throttle body, is responsible for funneling clean, cold air into the intake manifold. A good air intake hose must be wide enough to accommodate as much air for the system, and it must be smooth enough to prevent air flow from being restricted. When your air intake hose is problematic, your air-fuel mixture typically becomes lean due to less air mixing with more fuel. When the problem is unattended, you will be experiencing stalling and idling problems. Thus, do not sacrifice driving efficiency and horsepower by getting a quality air intake hose. Dorman is one promising brand, but before opting for its product, let us first put the unit to the test.
- Made of quality, durable material
- Original equipment replacement
- Sold individually
- Carries a Dorman limited warranty
- Keeps dirt and debris away from the engine
We tested this component on a 2000 Toyota Tundra and a 2012 Acura TSX, and here is what we have to say:
- The quality of this product seemed okay. The unit was made of a quite thick material, there were no scratches and cracks, and the ridges and the bends were neatly done.
- The installation of the component was really quick. We just had to take out the old unit and replace it with the new one. It was a breeze. We completed the procedure in less than ten minutes for each car.
- After the installation, we ran the Tundra and the TSX on the highway to see if there would be any difference in performance. Fuel economy remained the same, but we were satisfied that it did not decline. The engine ran better with the new air intake hose, though. As with horsepower, we felt that the two vehicles ran faster because more air was going into the intake manifold. We thought that we could have got better horsepower if we also replaced the air filter.
- When installed on the TSX, the other end of the air intake hose was a bit loose when connected to the opening of the throttle body. The said sedan had a 2.4-liter displacement, and we thought that the unit could only fit other TSX models except from this one we used.
With a competitive price, this Dorman air intake hose is definitely a good replacement for your cracked unit. We would just like to stress that you need to inquire about the fit of the unit to the model and engine specifications of your vehicle. The product performs satisfactorily overall.