Dorman Exhaust Manifold Review
In order to get rid of the harmful gases produced by your car’s combustion engine, you need a top-quality exhaust manifold. It allows extremely hot exhaust gases to flow from the cylinder head to the exhaust piping. Over time, your car’s exhaust manifold may get worn or damage. Replacing it immediately saves your vehicle from the possibility of overheating and stalling. To see which brand stands out among others, we’ve tested the Dorman exhaust manifold on our 2010 Ford Explorer. Here’s what we have to say:
Dorman exhaust manifold features:
- It’s manufactured to match and even go beyond OE specifications.
- It’s 50-state legal; it passed the strict emission standards even in California.
- It comes with all the parts needed for the installation.
- It’s constructed using cast iron for maximum durability and reliability.
- It effectively seals the engine head and exhaust piping.
- It’s crafted under strict quality standards.
- It comes in a naturally aspirated type.
- It’s manufactured especially for vehicles with an oxygen sensor in its exhaust pipe.
- It’s covered by a lifetime Dorman limited warranty.
We tried the Dorman exhaust manifold on our 2010 Ford Explorer and found these ups and downs:
- It’s easy to install due to its OE-compatibility; you just need a few simple tools and the installation can be done in less than 30 minutes.
- The exhaust manifold’s seals prevent fumes and noise, resulting in a quieter ride all throughout.
- A longer service life can be expected thanks to the exhaust manifold’s cast iron built.
- It allows you to drive anywhere in the US because it’s 50-state legal.
- It’s very affordable compared to other brands like Rugged Ridge and Omix.
- Cast iron may still corrode over time so expect to see rust formation over time.
- It has a dull finish but it’s going to stay inside your vehicle, so it really doesn’t affect the manifold’s performance.
The Dorman exhaust manifold delivers remarkable performance, specifically in allowing extremely hot gases to flow from the cylinder to the piping. It’s budget-friendly and it offers a long service life. With a lifetime Dorman warranty, rest assured that the company has got your back no matter what happens. What’s more interesting is the fact that this part installs quickly and easily. So if you’re on the lookout for a cheap yet reliable component, then we recommend the Dorman exhaust manifold.