EGR Fender Flares Review
So you have your rugged look and your off-road-capable truck, but if you think that that is the only thing you need to complete the kick-ass package, then you must think again and consider installing new fender flares. Fender flares are a popular accessory for creating an aggressive appearance for an off-road vehicle. But aside from that function, they also add protection for your truck’s body and allow you to use larger wheels. Imagine that by spending a few hundred dollars, you will be able to create a totally upgraded look for your truck or van. If you can picture your buddy with those complementary flares, then make that imagining real by getting units from EGR. But before buying them, let us first see if they are really worth the money.
- With an inch of tire coverage
- Made of UV-resistant thermoplastic
- Has an easy-to-clean, lightly textured finish
- Custom-designed unit
- Requires no-drill installation
- Carries a lifetime EGR limited warranty
We tested this component on a Jeep Wrangler and a Toyota Tacoma, and here is what we have to say:
- Installing the fender flares took only fifteen minutes for each truck. The only challenging part was removing the old fenders because they had old bolts that were a bit rusted. After that, we bolted the new ones on without any difficulty.
- The component was well-constructed and solid. It had a well-done textured finish, and we were able to paint it with the same color as the Wrangler and the Tacoma.
- After the installation of the four fender flares on the Wrangler and the Tacoma, we took a few steps away to appreciate their new look. We enjoyed the rugged look those fender flares added to the trucks. The dents where the bolts were inserted created some sort of accent.
- In order to check the fit of the fender flares, we tugged on them by hand. They stuck there glued without creating a squeaking sound that would indicate loose fasteners and an incorrect fit.
- The lack of clear installation instructions made it a bit confusing for us to install each piece. We did not know which piece must go with what side of the truck. Also, we had quite a challenge on installing the rubber edge part and the one-piece mounting clamps of the component.
Generally, EGR fender flares are popular among truck owners. They are priced just right and come with an amazing warranty. Experienced users will definitely have an easier time in installing the component, but once you overcome that difficulty, you will definitely enjoy looking and driving your truck more.