Fey Step Bumper Review
Maintaining your vehicle in top condition involves repairing and replacing all parts that may be worn or damaged. However, preserving your car’s almost-new look isn’t as simple as it sounds. That is why to keep yourself from performing repairs too often, it is best that you install high-quality parts. One component that needs to be tough is your truck’s step bumper. It’s vulnerable to abuse whenever you try to get on the truck bed or load stuff on it. To give you an idea on which step bumper brand to choose, we’ve tried the Fey Surestep bumper on our own truck:
Fey Surestep bumper features
- It comes with a molded polymer step pad for superior function and reliability.
- It’s bumper-certified for down-size and mid-size bumpers at 350 lbs. tongue weight; and 3,500 lbs for tailer weight.
- It’s also full-size bumper-certified at 800 lbs. tongue weight; and 8,000 lbs. for trailer weight.
- It comes in chrome, black, or silver powder-coat finish.
- It’s made of a durable plastic material.
- It’s available in various sizes; for full-size, down-size, or mid-size trucks.
- It comes as a direct fit to your vehicle.
- It’s crafted in compliance to high-quality standards.
- It’s a universal bumper that comes with a custom mounting kit as well.
- It comes with a three-year, limited warranty.
Upon testing the Fey Surestep bumper on our 2011 Ford F-150, we noticed the following good and bad points:
The good points
- Its chrome finish gives our truck a classy look.
- It’s sturdy enough to support heavy loads with its various truck bumper certifications.
- It’s no sweat installing the step bumper; all you need to use are simple, inexpensive tools.
- Rest assured that you’ll have sure footing due to its molded polymer step pad.
- It’s available as a universal bumper with custom mounting kit included, so you won’t have to buy the mounting kit separately.
- It’s compatible with the rear bumper on our 2011 F-150.
- It has a longer warranty period compared to others, which only offer one year of coverage.
The bad points
- The Fey Surestep bumper’s price is a bit heavy on the pocket compared to cheaper brands like Bolton Premiere and AutoTrust Gold.
- It doesn’t have license plate mounting panels and brackets included in the package.
The overall total
The Fey Surestep bumper can support heavy loads, making it ideal for those who regularly carry weighty cargoes on their trucks. Although it may cost some bucks, getting this step bumper is worth your money; after all, quality is what matters most when it comes to truck bumpers.