A Brief Overview of Flowtech Headers
Are you looking for an easy way to improve your vehicle's engine performance? Installing headers is considered to be one of the best things that you can do to transform your car into a beast in terms of performance and efficiency. The headers enable the engine to push the exhaust gases out of the cylinders, preventing backpressure. So if you are looking for the best headers with affordable prices, might as well check out the Flowtech headers. Here's a brief review on the three series of headers offered by the brand:
Flowtech I headers
- What makes them awesome: If you are looking for affordable but durable headers, better check these Flowtech I universal standard block hugger headers. Aside from their long-lasting satin black paint, they offer a computer-controlled mandrel-bent 16-gauge tubing and precision die-cut exhaust port flanges that ensures no exhaust leaks. The headers' plain black finish makes them a perfect match for your vehicle's components. Also, all the O-ringed port seals are ensured to be leak-proof.
- Where they fit: Great for both street and racing use. They go best with race cars, sedans, and even trucks.
Flowtech II headers
- What makes them awesome: This particular series of Flowtech full-length headers is a bit expensive due to the NASA-developed silver luster ceramic coating in its cold roll flash controlled tubing. This high-quality finish ensures that the headers are safe from corrosion. With thicker and bolder mandrel-formed power plenum collector, coupled with precisely finished O-ringed port seals, this series is indeed a leap from the first one.
- Where they fit: Great for any type of application. They fit any type of sedan, truck, or SUV.
Flowtech Afterburner headers
- What makes them awesome: Although made from steel, this particular Flowtech headers series is notable for having three large secondary collectors that help reduce backpressure. It is specially designed for higher horsepower and torque, which makes it a good option with its affordable price. Just like the first series, it also comes in a classic black finish.
- Where they fit: Best for heavy-duty applications. These headers are ideal for SUVs, trucks, and vans.
What to Expect from Flowtech Headers
In a search to find the easiest and the most affordable way to improve your engine's performance, you stumbled upon the name "Flowtech Headers" in one of the car forums you've visited. You wanted to check the product, so you asked around for their testimonials. Still, you're hungry for information to ensure that you will not regret anything when you finally decide to buy it. Well, you've come in the right place. Here's a good review of the product Flowtech headers based on three criteria: performance, ease of installation, and price.
How well does it perform? (4/5 stars)
In terms of performance, Flowtech headers get four out of five rating as they are engineered and built to avoid leaks. The tubes are made from high-quality materials; the ports are precisely fitted with leak-proof o-ring seals. This product passed a water test to check for leaks. The tubes have a nice satin black finish that makes them less prone to corrosion and look both neat and clean. These leak-free headers get a four out of five rating for its good performance.
Is it easy to install? (3/5 stars)
When it comes to installation, there would be no problem in coming up with the necessary mounting hardware since the kit comes with all the bolts, nuts, and premium gasket that you need. However, while some of the product's series ensures direct fit, others indicate that there would be minor modifications in the part come installation time. Thus, only three out of five stars are given to the product with its moderate to difficult installation, especially for novices.
Is it worth the price? (4/5 stars)
For a component that would improve your engine's performance at an affordable price, the Flowtech headers have passed the test. The product ensures durability as it is made from high-quality materials and utilized latest design innovations to ensure that it is leak-free and corrosion-resistant. Some Flowtech headers series are backed by a 90-day warranty; consider this before buying your new headers. With its cost-efficiency and performance, Flowtech headers are rated with four out of five stars.
Overall rating: 3.67/5