Fram Oil Filter Review
Your car’s oil supply is highly vulnerable to getting contaminated by dirt and other solid particles like dust, dirt, and carbon deposit. When this happens, you risk your engine from getting damaged, which can eventually lead to your car stalling in the middle of the road. To prevent this, it’s important to install a high-quality oil filter. And to give you an idea on which brand to buy, here’s our two-cents worth on the Fram Extra Guard oil filter:
Fram Extra Guard oil filter features:
- Sold individually
- Offered as a direct-fit product
- Comes in a full-flow lube, spin-on canister style
- Offers 0.2 in. gasket thickness
- Comes with anti-drain valve and filter bypass relief valve
- Features cellulose and synthetic glass media
- Designed to meet and exceed all engine and auto manufacturer’s warranties
- Uses 20 microns and 12 relief valve setting psi
- Comes with sure grip, no-slip feature
- Covered by Fram limited warranty
We tried the Fram Extra Guard oil filter on our 2011 Ford Explorer, we noticed the following ups and downs:
- It provides outstanding filtration to our engine’s oil; we checked the oil after driving for five miles, and it didn’t have any dirt or debris in it.
- Its synthetic glass media gives three times more engine protection than regular oil filters.
- Its direct-fit feature offers a hassle-free installation; all you need to do is prepare some handy tools and allot an hour to complete the installation.
- You can enjoy superior handling control even when things get oily, thanks to its sure grip, no-slip feature.
- It comes with a Fram limited warranty, so you’re assured that Fram has got your back in case a there’s a factory defect with the product.
- It’s more affordable compared to other oil filter brands like Beck Arnley, Hastings, and Omix.
- It comes in an orange color only, so you have no other choice when it comes to the product’s color.
- The warranty period isn’t indicated, leaving users wondering how long the warranty coverage would be valid.
Therefore, we say…
The Fram Extra Guard oil filter offers outstanding features such as its hassle-free installation and maximum filtration capability. It keeps your car’s oil free from unwanted contaminants and offers a long service life. So if you’re looking for an oil filter that’s durable and affordable, then we recommend the Fram Extra Guard oil filter.