KYB Shock and Strut Mount Review
Your car’s shock and strut mount needs to be tough enough to endure excessive vibration. Over time, you may notice that your vehicle becomes harder to steer on rough and uneven surfaces. This is probably the result of shock and strut mount failure. In order to avoid changing this component frequently, you have to install a high-quality shock and strut mount. And to help you in choosing which brand would suit your needs, we tested the KYB shock and strut mount on our 2010 Ford Escape. Here’s our opinion on the part:
KYB shock and strut mount features:
- It’s available as an OE replacement.
- It’s manufactured based on OE specifications and even goes beyond OE capability.
- Its innovative design allows it to minimize squeaks, rattles, and vibration noise.
- It’s specifically engineered to provide the appropriate suspension to your vehicle.
- It features a unique structure that complements the ride characteristics of KYB struts.
- It’s composed of rubber-to-metal bonded parts.
- It comes with detailed installation instructions dedicated especially to beginner DIYers.
- It’s also capable of reducing body sway when cornering.
- It’s made of only high-quality materials, preventing it from wearing out quickly.
- It comes with a one-year KYB limited warranty.
We tried the KYB shock and strut mount on our 2010 Ford Escape, and here’s what we have to say:
- It’s compatible with our factory shocks and struts.
- It’s very easy to install; there are no modifications needed in most vehicles.
- It works well with our stock suspension components.
- There’s almost-zero noise upon driving in both low and high speeds.
- It significantly adds to the dampening effect of our 2010 Escape’s struts.
- Cornering becomes easier and running on rough surfaces is not as troublesome as before.
- It doesn’t wear out fast due to the high quality of the materials used in manufacturing the component.
- The KYB shock and strut mount is a bit heavy on the pocket compared to other brands like Monroe and Gabriel.
- It doesn’t have bearings and the mounting hardware included in the package, so you’ll have to buy them separately.
The KYB shock and strut assembly offers features and qualities that go beyond OE capacity. That is why this component is suited for those who desire a boost in performance. Our 2010 Escape enjoys the shock and strut mount’s effective noise reduction, resulting in a quieter and more comfortable driving experience.