Mann-Filter Air Filter Review
To be able to perform at your best, you have to take in the good and breathe out the bad. The same goes for your vehicle's performance. That is why having an efficient air filter is a must with any car. To find out which kind of air filter will give a vehicle better airflow, we installed a Mann-Filter air filter on our 1995 Pathfinder and rated it on factors of quality, performance, and more.
- OE-replacement fit and style
- Panel design with dry element
- Made of high-quality paper filtering material
- Sold individually
- Backed by a 1-year Mann-Filter limited warranty
- Physically, the part looked exactly like an OEM Nissan dealer sourced filter. This simply means the quality, material, and overall construction of the part is similar to the factory filter installed on our Pathfinder. It was in an excellent shape upon visual inspection and we were impressed with its make.
- This part is just as easy to install as the original equipment. With our team's experience, it took us a little over 15 minutes to complete the replacement. It didn't even need any modification to get it installed on the Pathfinder.
- Instructions on how to install the part were included. We appreciated the detailed description of the processes and tools involved in replacing the part. It made our job a whole lot easier.
- The Mann Filter air filter was a perfect fit to the Pathfinder. Aside from making the installation easier, the OE-fit feature of the part also ensure a better seal in its connection.
- Aside from doing what a filter is supposed to do, the part also improved our Pathfinder's mileage and performance right after installation. We also noticed an improvement in the engine's starting and idling.
- A/C felt stronger and cleaner a few weeks after replacing the filter.
- We were a little disappointed with the structure of the product. Although it was a simple misunderstanding on our part, we had expected it to feature a harder frame to make installation easier. However, this was not the case. Nevertheless, the filter fitted fine and has been working well ever since the part was installed.
- The part seemed more restrictive on air flow as compared to the stock filter, especially when you look at the part's design. But with the improvement in performance and fuel effeciency, we conclude otherwise.
The Mann Filter replacement air filter provides the same quality and performance of a factory part with the inexpensive price tag of an aftermarket brand. Being a MANN product, this part's fit and function is typical of the brand. It filters the air effectively without reducing a vehicle's power and performance. overall, it is a good replacement part to regain your vehicle's original ride and capability.