Metro Moulded Weatherstrip Seal Review
Part of making your car comfortable to ride is ensuring that no water and air will leak inside. Your car is sealed from the elements with the use of weatherstripping, but this component also lets you open and close your doors with ease. Because this weatherstrip seal fights off water, air, and sunlight from penetrating your car interior, this component is made resistant to destructive natural elements with the use of chemicals. You must never drive your vehicle a day without this important seal, and that can never be stressed enough. If you want to ensure that your car is proof from water and air leaks, then you must have the best type of weatherstripping. Try one from Metro Moulded, but let us check first if its product is worth your time and money.
- Sold in set of two
- With white clips
- Resistant to water, ozone, and sunlight
- With micro-closed cell structure with a self-molded skin for optimum sealing
- With SUPERsoft sponge rubber
- Direct-fit and OE replacement
- Comes with a 15-year Metro Moulded warranty
We tested this component on a Ford F-250 and an Acura TSX, and here is what we have to say:
- The weatherstrip seal installed securely at the sides of the doors. We only had to squeeze them in so that the grooves sat flush with the sides of the door panel.
- We drove the F-250 and the TSX under the rain, and we were satisfied with the results. No water leaks got inside the interior of the two cars.
- The product has a competitive price in its tag.
- The ends of the component were not that neatly cut. There was excess nylon at some parts of the seal that indicated the joints where the nylon material was connected. We considered it poor moulding.
- The material looked a little thin and prone to tearing, so we really had to be very careful during the installation.
- The product did not come with some adhesive that would make the seal stick to the sides of the door panel more tightly. The product was not a snap-on.
The only problem with this Metro Moulded weatherstrip seal was its appearance. The excess material from moulding was unsightly, and it even made the installation of the product a bit difficult. Regarding its performance, we were quite satisfied. But long-term use would surely draw out different results. Thus, only time will tell if you will truly love this product or ditch it for something else.